Chapter - 7

Zhou Cheng went to his room,set on the floor, hugging his legs, crying silently while remembering his first meeting with Wang Yibo. Remembering all the sweet moments which they spent together. Tears were rolling down from his eyes while remembering Mrs. Lu words.

Mr. And Mrs. Xiao were in their room and discussing something. Zhan was passing through their room but stopped when he heard his father's loud voice. He advanced to their room and tried to listen the conversation. Tears started to fall down from his eyes. He covered his mouth with his palm to prevent his crying voice. He couldn't take that anymore. He ran towards his room, crying. Zhou Cheng noticed Zhan standing at the door, crying hysterically.
He panicked. He stand up and moved towards him and asked what happened? Why he was crying? But Zhan didn't answer, only cried. Zhou Cheng made Zhan drank a glass of water, rubbed his back to calmed him. And it actually worked. Then Zhou Cheng asked again what happened? Zhan looked at Zhou Cheng. Tears were flowing from Zhan's eyes continuously.

– : Flashback :–

Zhan was walking through his parents room when he heard his father mention some file. He stopped and tried to listening their conversation.

"Please keep this file." Mr. Xiao said to Mrs. Xiao and handed her a file.

Mrs. Xiao placed the file on the drawer of the bedside table.

"Why have you kept it here? If Zhou Cheng or Zhan find it, what explanation will I give to them?"  Mrs. Xiao asked to Mrs. Xiao in a loud tone.

"How long are you going to continue hiding it? You will have to tell them sooner or later." Mrs. Xiao said in tears in her eyes.

"Have you seen their smiles? It is only cure I have for this illness. If I take that away as well, I might die much sooner."  Mr. Xiao said sadly.

"For God sake, please don't say such things. Besides, your reports are showing improvement." Mrs. Xiao said.

Mr. Xiao nodded his head with hmm.

"Yes, there is improvement. But my liver is continuously shrinking." Mr. Xiao said.

Zhan was listening his parents conversation from outside. Tears were rolling down from his eyes. He can't believe his ear. Did he listened correct? His father is dying? The father, who always support him, love him is dying. Whenever he wants someone the man who always stand by his side and said "It's ok son, everything will be alright." His father is leaving him. No it can't be possible. How will he gonna suppose to live without his father? No, his father can't leave him alone.  Zhan thought while crying.

Mr. Xiao continued...

"I'll have to get a transplant if the medicine don't work."

Mr. Xiao take a pause and continued..

" And we can't afford that."

Mrs. Xiao started crying listening to her husband's condition.

"What are you doing? If you continue doing like this then I will feel sorry that why did I even tell you about it."

Mrs. Xiao shook her head while crying.

"You are so brave. Only God knows how I have controlled myself for the last 8 months." Mrs. Xiao said.

"Just pray to God and keep praying. God will make things easier." Mr. Xiao said.

"In fact God has already solved half of our worries.
Otherwise, I was more worried about Zhou Cheng and Zhan's future then I was because of this illness.
Thank God, we now have hope for Zhou Cheng's future. I just pray to God that he gives me enough time in this world to fulfill my responsibilities with Zhan as well." Mr. Xiao said.