Chapter : 8

– : Evening : –

It had been 10 minutes now since Yibo was continuously trying Zhou Cheng's number but Zhou Cheng was not responding and this thing is making Yibo furious while on other hand Zhou Cheng was lost in his thoughts, keep crying silently. Tears were rolling down from his eyes. Zhan's work were keep roaming in his head.
With tears in eyes, he slept off.

: Next morning : –

Mr. Xiao came to the living room. Zhou Cheng and Zhan were already in living room, it's weekend so all were at home.

"What happened? Why are you both so silent? Mr. Xiao asked with a smile.

" Dad, that's not fair." Zhou Cheng said but Zhan remained silent.

"What did I do son?" Mr. Xiao asked.

"Enough Dad, you've betrayed us. You've distanced yourself from us when you needed us the most."  Finally Zhan said with glistening eyes.

"No son, I didn't do anything of that sort." Mr. Xiao said worriedly.

"If you can't tell the truth then please remain quiet, at least let us vent out our anger." Zhan said.

"Son, I am not getting, what you wanna say? What have I done? Mr. Xiao asked confused.

"Dad, we know about your sickness." Zhou Cheng said.

"Your anger is legit, my child but I didn't want to stress you all." Mr. Xiao said.

"Dad, you think that it is only you who can  be worried about us?" Zhou Cheng asked with tears in his eyes.

"Fine! It was my mistake. You can fight me. You can complain or show anger but don't give pain to yourself. You know that I have one weakness. I cannot see trars in your eyes. Forgive me. Please forgive me." Mr. Xiao said and joined his hands.

Zhan hurriedly hugged him and started crying bitterly. Mr. Xiao caressed his back to soothe him then gestured Zhou Cheng to come close. Zhou Cheng came and hugged Mr. Xiao.

Zhan broke the hug.
"Dad, make a promise that now you will not hide anything from us about this." Zhan said looking at his father's eyes while tears were rolling down from his eyes.

"I will not hide anything, my child." Mr. Xiao said and wiped the tears from Zhan's cheeks.
Then again hugged him and Zhou Cheng.

____________________________________________________________________

: Evening : –

Yibo was sitting in his room while staring at his phone.

Finally he messaged Zhou Cheng.

'Are you ignoring me?'  Yibo.

No reply

'You have promised to call me.'  Yibo.

'Yibo, Dad is not well.'  Zhou Cheng.

'What happened?' Yibo.