Chapter Four

Izzy notices the bass of some music coming from a car outside and I can hear her immediately hopping off of my bed to come rushing over to me standing in front of my bathroom mirror. Her pigtails bounced as she was unable to keep still with hopes that it was her favorite person coming over to see her. In all honesty, I'm pretty sure she replaced me as Taehyung's best friend.

"What time is it mommy?" She wiggles her feet in anticipation, surely annoying the grumpy old fart downstairs, but I don't even care. Let her bang on her ceiling again and I'm going down there myself.

I finish the curl I was working on and tap my cell phone screen to get it to light up, "It's only a little after five, my love. He said he'd be here by six."

"How many more minutes?" She questions impatiently.

"About fifty minutes." I know she doesn't fully grasp the concept of time yet, but I do my best to speak to her as if she wasn't a child whenever I can. Thus the reason she speaks so well now actually and boy was it hard to get Taehyung to stop conversing with her in baby talk during her first year of life.

Slumping her shoulders and letting her chin fall to her chest, she dramatically starts to shuffle away mumbling about how fifty is such a big number. I'm proud of her for recognizing it is even if it disappointed her.

"Hey, why don't you help me pick out my outfit?" I propose, turning off the curling iron and finger combing my hair into looser waves.

A bright smile beams across her round face, her rosy cheeks looking even more pink as she showcases tiny white teeth. Skipping to my closet, she cranes her neck to look up at all my clothes hanging up.

Her little nose scrunches as she sees my pencil skirts and other work-appropriate clothing, "That's your gone all-day clothes. Nope."

My heart sinks a little at the fact that that's what she refers to my office outfits as. I wish more than anything that I could spend more time with her, but we'd be homeless otherwise or worse, living with my parents and I would not want to intrude on Tae. He definitely would have a hard time finding a girl worthy enough to settle down with if we moved in.

"What about this one, mommy?" She happily shouts as she points towards a red velvet bodycon dress that I haven't worn since I had bought it.

Taking it down from the hanger, I look it over to see if it will be appropriate. It's pretty cold out tonight, but with some stockings and a thick enough coat, I should be okay until I'm back inside.

Nodding my head with a smile, Isabelle claps happily at the fact I'll be wearing the dress she chose for me. She doesn't know that I'm going out with a random guy. All she knows is that mommy gets dressed up whenever I go see a friend that isn't Taehyung because according to her, he's my extra special friend and he doesn't need me to look fancy to think I'm pretty.

A knock on the door makes her squeal out in excitement as she runs to the living room and waits for me to open it up for her. Glancing at the clock, I see that it's only 5:21 so I'm guessing he wanted to be a little early just in case.

"Hey," He lowly says smirking at me the moment the door is opened, "and hey my princess!" His voice becomes much higher and louder as he crouches down to swoop up the giggling little girl with her arms wrapped behind his neck tightly.

"Fifty minutes wasn't so long!" She exclaims, fully ecstatic that he has arrived.

He furrows his brow as he looks at me with a puzzled expression from over her tiny shoulder.

"She had just asked when you were coming over a few minutes ago. I thought you wouldn't be here until six." I answer his unspoken question.

Nodding, he starts peppering her cheek with kisses as he carries her over to the couch, "What do you want to play today? Barbie still hasn't taken me to the ice cream shop, don't think I've forgotten."