Chapter Thirty-One

"Mommy, Tae Tae, watch!" Isabelle exclaims to get my attention as if Taehyung and I weren't already staring at her the entire time

After sliding down the tunnel and putting her hands up in the air in victory, Taehyung and I clap and cheer her on as she runs around the playground to find something else to play on. I could tell it was hard for Tae to hold back from wrapping his arm around me by the way he keeps his hands intertwined in his lap. Just like it was hard for me to not snuggle into his side, especially when the cold January wind blew around us. At least me putting my head on his shoulder had always been a normal occurrence and he sighed with a ghost of a smile when I chose to do so.

"She's so adorable." He grins lovingly as she sat down in front of the fake steering wheel and pretended that she was driving.

"She really is." I agree with a giggle when she starts to play with another little girl that showed up with her mother.

Clearing his throat, I can tell Taehyung has something on his mind. It was always one of his telltale signs that he was deep in thought or when he would run his tongue across the edge of his teeth. 

"Ria?" He questions, still watching Izzy play with the little girl with braids in her hair as they laugh and run around, "Would you ever consider having more kids, or is one kid all you wanted? We've never talked about that before, now that I think about it."

My head turns to look at his side profile and I examine his sharp yet soft facial features for a bit while I think about my answer, "I think I would want more one day. Not any time soon, I don't think, but one day would be nice. This time with the right person, of course."

Turning his gaze to meet mine, he licks his lips before speaking, "Do you think I could be the right person one day?"

"Taehyung, are you saying you want to have a baby with me in the future?" I smirk, making him blush and look away.

"Maybe someday. Not right now." He chuckles when I pinch his side, "Would you want to have a baby with me? Don't avoid the question."

"Possibly." I agree with a wink and he leans in a bit closer, wanting to place a kiss on my lips.

His warm breath tickles the pink flesh of my lips the closer he gets and the cold wind blows around us, making his wavy hair sway in front of his eyes. It's been hard holding back from even a chaste kiss now that Izzy is around because I know the moment she sees our lips touch, she will have questions. She at least knows that a kiss on the lips means love. At least that's what she's learned from her Disney movies.

Even waking up in my bed alone this morning felt strange. I missed Taehyung's warm arms wrapped around my waist and the sound of his soft snores next to me, reminding me that he was all mine. Hoping that I'd have a few minutes alone with him, I got up and quickly brushed my teeth before walking into the living room to be able to wake him up. However, once I turned the corner, I saw that Izzy was already there, shaking him awake and him pretending to not notice her until he jumped at her to make her laugh. It was an adorable sight to see and while my heart swelled with love, I was also disappointed in being a little too late for our one-on-one time.