Chapter Thirty-Five

With the weekend arriving seemingly quickly due to our busy schedules and Taehyung's flight taking off early tomorrow morning, I did something I don't normally do and actually asked the mother of Izzy's friend if she could watch my daughter for th...

With the weekend arriving seemingly quickly due to our busy schedules and Taehyung's flight taking off early tomorrow morning, I did something I don't normally do and actually asked the mother of Izzy's friend if she could watch my daughter for the night and drop her off at school in the morning. Luckily, her daughter had already brought the idea up to her yesterday after school and so everything was set in stone.

Not informing Taehyung of my secret plans with him wasn't exactly easy. He kept asking to spend the night tonight so that he can at least spend some time with me before he has to go on his business trip, and it was no cakewalk to be able to tell him no. Especially when he started pouting and using his puppy dog eyes on me. Something he's used against me since we first became friends.

Last night, I think he was angry with me, to be honest, or feeling a little hurt that I still wasn't allowing him to stay over. He didn't speak much when we had our Friday lunch together and when I tried to FaceTime him after Isabelle went to sleep, he claimed he was really tired and ended the call after only about fifteen minutes.

He's such a big baby sometimes when he doesn't get his way.

I tried telling him that I'd still drive him to the airport and see him off but obviously, that wasn't good enough and he wasn't taking my excuses for being so busy with work or my blatant lies about not wanting Izzy to get too used to him being around too much so soon.

However, I shook it off and went on with packing my overnight bag and heading over to his apartment. Previously, he had informed me that he would be headed out to do some shopping before his trip and would be back before six-thirty when he sassily asked me if I'd at least like to have dinner together. At that, I knew when my window of opportunity was to surprise him. A candlelit dinner for two, some sexy lingerie, and soft music playing would surely be a good way to send my man off on the trip I know he's not looking forward to taking in the first place.

Using his spare key that he left with me in case of an emergency back when he first moved in, I let myself in and get started on setting everything up and cooking the jjajangmyeon I know he loves so much. Thanks to his mother's help this morning, she gave me the recipe along with tips on how to make it exactly how he likes it. I'm so glad she and I are close enough for me to be comfortable enough with calling her for things like this.

Looking at the time, I let it boil for about three to four minutes while I hook up my phone to his Bluetooth speaker and rush off to his bathroom to change and freshen myself up before he got home.

Staring at myself in the mirror, I take in my perfectly styled hair that took me way too long to do for my liking this afternoon, my black sheer lace bra and panties with matching garter belts around each thigh, light and dewy makeup that really gives that almost freshly fucked appearance, and my skin glowing from the body butter I know he loves so much.

Slipping on a black silk dress that hugs all of my curves and stops just below my ass, I stride back into the kitchen on freshly pedicured feet to finish cooking just in time for me to hear his keys slipping into the lock.