Chapter Twenty-Three

Bliss (verb): to reach a state of perfect happiness, typically so as to be oblivious of everything else.

That was the best way to describe the way I felt as I walked into the office after my week off for the holidays.

The events leading up to the night that continued to replay in my head had me feeling lighter than air and I felt proud to call myself the girlfriend of not only the most handsome man I had ever known but the most caring one as well. Even before either of us realized our feelings were much deeper than we anticipated, he was so attentive to Izzy and me. The only thing I regret is not realizing how completely head over heels I really was for him much sooner.

But alas, timing was everything and I was grateful that we both took notice when we did. Who knows? If I had caught feelings for him any sooner, would he have even reciprocated them?

"Well don't you just look radiant today, Miss James. Have a good vacation?" Jane smiles as she brings in a stack of files for me to look at.

"It was magical, Jane. And you? How was your time off?"

Scanning me with her eyes, she quirks a brow, "Clearly not as good as yours. Anything exciting happen?"

Unable to stop myself from smiling like a fool, I nod my head in response to her question generating an excited screech out of the hopeless romantic that is my own personal assistant. Seriously, God bless her cute little self.

"Tell me, please! Was it your neighbor with the blue eyes you had told me about? I know date number two was set up." She sits down in front of my desk with sparkling eyes. Shaking my head slowly, her eyes grow twice their size, "No..."

Giggling at her reaction, I nod, "Yep!"

"Mr. Kim?!"

"That's the one." I bite my lip as I open up one of the folders on my desk and turn to log into my computer.

Crossing her arms, she tilts her head with a sassy look on her face, "I thought you two were just friends."

"Well, Jane, things changed over the last few weeks that neither of us saw coming." I shrug, doing my best to keep myself composed but fail to do so with her contagious energy. Swiveling back around to look at her, I cover my face with my hands, "And the last few days have been phenomenal!"

"I just knew it!" She giggles at my blushing face, "I'm winning the office bet, by the way. No one else thought you two would end up together before New Years, but I called it." She starts to shimmy her shoulders, "Speaking of, since we're closed on New Years Day, a group of friends and I are going clubbing for the night. Would you and Mr. Kim like to meet up with us?"

Squinting in thought, I glance out of the window towards the office building where my man is currently working, "Mm, possibly. My daughter won't be home until Saturday afternoon. I haven't even been to a club since college."

"Oh, please go! It will be so much fun. You're too young to just stay cooped up in the house on New Years Eve." Jane's bottom lip pokes out adorably as her shoulder length hair falls into her face slightly.

"I'll think about it. What club?" I inquire as I grab my phone to add it to a new note for future reference just in case.

"Club Avenue on Park Avenue right past Washington Boulevard. Speaking of the sexy new boyfriend, should we expect him for lunch today?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I'm not sure, but don't make things weird and just a heads up, we're keeping it quiet around my daughter for now." I forewarn just in case my daughter comes up to my job again. The last thing I'd want is for our new relationship to be outed before I had a chance to discuss it with her, only to confuse her and possibly make things even harder.