Chapter Six

The hotel ballroom was filled with workers and boxes being unloaded as I surveyed the room, giving orders when needed

The hotel ballroom was filled with workers and boxes being unloaded as I surveyed the room, giving orders when needed. Time was always on a crunch on days like today where we only had a short window to get everything set up for the reception of the wedding that's due to commence in less than five hours.

To outsiders looking in, five hours may seem like plenty of time to get it all taken care of. However, when you have spent all morning going over last-minute details with the bride in regard to the exact number of white gardenias versus pink peonies that needed to be in each vase that lined the ceremonial aisle way, time was running shorter than I would have liked. As much as I love weddings and wedding planning, brides like this seriously make me want to consider elopement should that day ever come.

I was very grateful when Izzy's little friend from her preschool class had asked for her to stay the night with her, allotting me one less worry to tackle since my most trusted babysitter is accompanying me to the event tonight.

Taehyung had called me first thing this morning to get details on how formal he should dress for the wedding he's still claiming he's crashing. I don't know why that man can't just admit he's a sucker for romance. Every time he goes with me to one of these, he ends up shedding small tears at the vows and during the first dance. Even though he always turns his head to wipe them away as if I couldn't notice, I never say anything to him and let him believe I'm none the wiser.

"The peonies in the centerpieces should be a two to one ratio with the gardenias," I state as I come around to one of the tables that are fully decorated and awaiting my approval, "and the table numbers should be turned towards the door to make it easier for the guests to find their seats. Don't forget to adjust the pink bows on the back of the chairs so that none are crooked."

"Yes ma'am." The employees reply in unison as they continue about their assigned duties.

Checking off things as I see them, Jane pipes up through my earpiece while she carries on with her duties across the room, "So I heard through the grapevine that Tae is coming to the wedding with you."

Rolling my eyes with a smile, I pull the microphone of my headset closer to my lips, "Yes, Jane, he will be there. Shall I try to set you two up on a date?"

The sound of silverware dropping makes me look up in that direction and I giggle when I see her scrambling to pick it up and hand it to one of the waiters to get it washed off.

"No, no, no," She chuckles through the earpiece, "but is this a so-called friendly thing, or are you two going as a couple?"

"I told you, we're just friends. Now get back to work and quit putting your head in the clouds because if the bride comes marching in here pissed that we haven't finished, I'm unleashing her on you." I firmly state, unable to hold back my smile.

"Just friends," She scoffs at my remark, "but m'kay boss, back to work I go."

Three hours later and the hall looks absolutely magical. The sheer white tapestries hang from the ceiling, softening the fairy lights behind them while soft pink lighting sets the mood for the rest of the room. Behind the DJ booth, he double-checks that all of his equipment is ready to go and that all of the cords are firmly put into place. I do one last run-through to make sure not a single napkin is folded incorrectly or that no flower is drooping before being dragged away by Jane to go home and get ready. The only motivation that worked was her stating how upset the bride would be if I was late and I've already had enough with that woman.