Chapter Forty-Six

Waiting in the parking garage for Taehyung to come to pick me up so that we can rush over to the realtor's office on our lunch break to sign the paperwork, I start to grow a bit worried when he's running a little. It's not like him to not be on time for even a normal lunch date, much less when we have something important to do.

Pulling my cellphone out of my bag, I quickly find his contact ID but before I can press the call icon, my phone starts ringing in my hand.

"Hey, everything okay?" I inquire as soon as the device is brought up to my ear.

"Yes, sorry. Running late from a meeting. Are you in the garage?" I can hear his heavy breathing from trying to rush to his car.

"Yeah, don't drive too fast. I'd rather us be late coming back to work than get into a wreck." I nervously bite on my lower lip, letting it fall from in between my teeth.

"I won't, I promise. See you soon, baby."

"See you soon." I end the call and take a deep breath. At least everything was okay.

Walking over to the bench, I take a seat to ease my aching feet trapped in these heels. People I recognize make their way off of the elevator, giving me a small wave as they walk to their vehicles to head out to lunch themselves and I take the opportunity to try to figure out who owns the black sedan I've been seeing lately.

However, to my surprise, I don't see that car parked out here today. Usually, it sits in one of the far back spots no one really opts for but those spots are completely empty. It's possible that they went to lunch earlier or had the day off. For all I know, it's someone that I've seen around here on many occasions and they just got themselves a new vehicle.

Shaking my head, I decide to quit obsessing over it for now, my mind is surely playing tricks on me and I had to be working myself up over nothing. More than likely I'm just overreacting due to the levels of stress I'm under and the more I look into it, the more I will come up with unlikely scenarios.

Hearing the sound of a car engine revving up as it drives up to the level I am on, I smile happily when I spot Tae's car and can see him waving at me through his windshield. Standing to my feet, I dust off the back of my pencil skirt and grab my purse off of the bench before almost skipping up to the passenger side door.

"Hey, beautiful! You look happy to see me." He chuckles as he waits for me to get buckled up, something I tend to forget to do when I'm not the one driving.

"I'm always happy to see you, dork," I wink with a playful grin, leaning over his middle console to kiss his cheek, wiping away the slight smear of gloss left behind. "Let's go make this official!"

By the time we reach the realtor's office only a few blocks away, Taehyung informed me of three potential schools that are near our new residence-to-be that we can consider enrolling Izzy in after doing some research before his meeting this afternoon. He even took the liberty of printing out the photos and information for me to look into further and decide which one I thought was best for her. I don't overlook the smiley face drawn in the corner of the one he obviously preferred the most.

It was cute to me that he was making so much effort and it's clear that he wants to take on an even more of a parental role with her. After our deep conversation the other night and being more open with one another, I see that he's just becoming comfortable with now knowing how much I value him in her life.

The realtor greets us excitedly with two water bottles and guiding us directly back to her office which I was grateful for. My stomach feels empty and I'd like to have time to grab at least something quick to eat before needing to go back to work. I have a client scheduled shortly after my lunch break and wouldn't have another chance to eat until dinnertime.