Chapter Thirty-Three

Nodding his head over and over, he glances down at the watch wrapped around his wrist for the third time.

The youngest assistant in the company, Chasity, continues to speak. Going over her notes and providing way more information than necessary for it being a quarter past twelve in the afternoon on a Monday, Tae tries his best to not look overly annoyed. He knows she's just new and trying to do her best to prove herself. It was quite cute how nervous she would get whenever she had to speak to anyone and it reminded him of himself when he got his first real-world job.

But knowing he had one hell of a beautiful woman that he calls his own waiting for him to come to pick her up for lunch in the building right behind him made it much harder for him to not give the assistant a deadpan expression.

Glancing up at him as she nervously flips the page of the information she was told to provide to him, Chasity clears her throat and rapidly blinks her ocean-blue eyes before sighing out and slouching her shoulders, "Do you hate me or something?"

"Huh?" Taehyung's face twists in confusion as he tilts his head at her sudden question.

"You've always been pretty dull around me but I see you act very lively with Mrs. Green or some of the other members of our team. And now you're looking at me... like that." She gestures with her hand directed at his face, "If you hate me, please just let me know and I can see if someone else can come in and do all of this with you because quite frankly, this is awkward as hell for me."

"Why is it awkward? You're speaking and I'm listening." Taehyung quirks his brow as he sits back in his seat and intertwines his fingers together, "You're doing your job and I'm doing mine. Last I checked, that was what this was." He scans the room as if reiterating that they're at work before bringing his gaze back to her.

"But," The young assistant sighs as she pinches the bridge of her nose, "it's already awkward enough being around you. Can't you just pretend to be nice to me like you are with the others?"

Sitting back up, he looks back down at his watch once more, "Chasity, I am as professional with you as I am with the rest of this office. I will admit that I do know the others better than I know you so I apologize if I come off as cold, but I just don't have that sort of relationship with you. And to answer your question, no, I don't hate you."

Taking a second to digest what he just said, she musters up the courage to look back up at him and licks her lips hesitantly, "So how about you and I go get a drink or something. Break the ice, as they say."

Shaking his head, he glances back at the window to the skyscraper behind him, "Sorry, that can't happen. I'm sure my girlfriend wouldn't approve. I also don't approve of doing that to her."

"Oh." She tucks some honey-blonde hair behind her ear before gathering up her things, "I didn't mean it like that. I didn't even know you had a girlfriend. I apologize."

Giving her a tight-lipped smile, Taehyung doesn't respond as he watches her continue to place the stack of papers back into the file. He had noticed the little ways Chasity would seemingly flirt with him ever since she started working there. It was pretty obvious with the little treats she'd leave on his desk as if he couldn't recognize her bubbly handwriting on the note amongst the plethora of cursive scribbles from the rest of the group. Or the way she'd always straighten herself up when he'd walk by or how she'd usually try to leave out at the same time he did to strike up a conversation.

No wonder Mrs. Green assumed he had fallen in love with her before she realized it was Ria.

It's not like she was ugly or completely disgusted him, she was quite cute and charming... but she wasn't Victoria James.