Chapter Fifty-Four

The rest of the workweek seemed to go by at a snail's pace and while there hasn't been any sighting of Miles; no strange phone calls or an abundance of emails from him either, I still couldn't find myself to fully relax

The rest of the workweek seemed to go by at a snail's pace and while there hasn't been any sighting of Miles; no strange phone calls or an abundance of emails from him either, I still couldn't find myself to fully relax. Although, being in the comfort of our home again today is definitely helping a bit.

I woke Taehyung up this morning with his shower running and a large breakfast ready to be eaten by the time he was finished washing up. He's been so supportive throughout all of this and I know him well enough to know it hasn't been easy on him either. Still, I appreciate the fact that he's been so amazing and so while running his shower for him and cooking him breakfast may not be enough to show how much I'm grateful for him, it was enough to put a bright smile on his face before 9 a.m.

Even though we both would have liked to sleep in a bit longer today, we do have plans. When Chasity and Jane met during lunch the other day, they seemed to have a bit of a spark and an obvious attraction towards one another. If the constant glances, giggles, and finding ways to give each other little modest touches wasn't a dead giveaway, the fact that both of our assistants wouldn't shut up talking about one another over the next three days definitely was.

This is where Taehyung came in. While he may like to tease me for being the hopeless romantic in our duo, he also tends to wear his heart on his sleeve and daydreams with his head in the clouds. After one of Chasity's thirty-minute conversations about how cute and sweet Jane is and going on and on and on about her adorable personality, he had mentioned to her that we could use some help painting Izzy's bedroom before she comes back home and invited her over to the house while secretly emailing Jane with the invitation as well.

Usually, I would have been a bit aggravated about inviting people over to our house without my consent, but given that I was originally the match-maker and we actually do need help painting, I let him slide this time. Although, I did make sure to discuss how this shouldn't happen again. We may have been best friends and have gone through everything together, but living together is a whole new realm. There will still be little details like this we'll have to work out amongst other things as our relationship continues and our lives grow together. 

And that's okay! We both know it's perfectly normal to disagree on things or get under each other's skin from time to time. We've been doing that since we were eight years old after all.

The doorbell rings just as Taehyung jogs up the stairs to head into Isabelle's room to start getting everything ready. Checking the security system before I answer the door, I see Jane standing outside wearing some adorable overalls with her mid-length dark hair pulled halfway up and admiring the purple flowers in the bushes outside as she waits for someone to answer the door.

"Hey!" She beams excitedly, making me giggle as she wraps me up in a comforting hug, "I love your new home. Maybe I should move out of the city, too."

"Have you ever lived outside of the city?" I question as I shut the door behind her.

Seeing the shoe rack by the entrance, she takes the hint without needing to be told and removes her sneakers before entering our home, "No, I grew up in the city and never left."