Chapter Thirty-Six

Groaning as he looks out at the barely lit sky, the sun not even over the horizon yet, Taehyung slouches farther down in the passenger seat as Ria drives him to the airport

Groaning as he looks out at the barely lit sky, the sun not even over the horizon yet, Taehyung slouches farther down in the passenger seat as Ria drives him to the airport. Leave it to a job to make a free trip to Miami an unexciting experience. The itinerary he was given left little to no free time, besides one night after the scheduled dinner where he could choose to mingle with the others or he could do as he pleased. This was going to be a long three days.

"Quit being a big baby. At least you get to escape the cold for a few days." Ria laughs as she reaches over to run her hand through Taehyung's hair.

"But it's going to be so boring and it's not like you'll be there." He looks over to her with puppy eyes, "Tell your boss you got the flu or something and come meet me out there. Save me, Ria, please!"

"Dramatic." She rolls her eyes with a smile as she puts on her turn signal, "I already discussed this with you anyway."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Tae rolls his eyes, "You're all responsible and mature or whatever."

"Not all of the time." She huffs with a pout.

Smiling at her adorable reaction to his teasing, he places his hand on her thigh and squeezes it a couple of times until she smiles again, "Prove it."

"Shut up, Taehyung." She scolds with a giggle when he squeezes the spot right above her knee that he knows tickles her, "I'm driving!"

"So responsible." He smirks, "Okay, fine. I'll quit messing with you."

They drive through a maze of roads, following the signs, until they reach the passenger drop-off area and Ria puts the car in park. Without Chasity realizing it, Taehyung and Ria both spot the young assistant handing her bag to the attendant at the curbside check-in and watch as she absentmindedly makes her way inside.

"She's not going to be a problem on this trip, is she?" Ria questions, wondering just how far the assistant would take her assumed crush if left alone with her man. A slight wave of jealousy flows over her, something she hadn't really ever felt with Taehyung until now. The feeling both annoys her and makes her remember the fact he is no longer just her best friend anymore, making a small smile ghost her lips.

Sitting up in his seat, he leans over the middle console and gently turns her to face him, "Baby, no woman on this planet would be a problem for me. You're my everything."

Grinning helplessly, she leans in and molds her lips to his, earning an appreciative hum from him and sighing out when his warm hand slides to the back of her neck to hold her in place for a bit longer. There was no doubt in his mind that he was going to miss her and he believed she would be missing him just as much.

He kept telling himself that it's only three days, it's not that bad, but he still would much rather be able to see her every day as he had for most of his life.