Chapter Forty-Seven

By the time the weekend came, Taehyung and I had completely finished packing up both of our apartments and we are now loading the last few boxes onto the moving van

By the time the weekend came, Taehyung and I had completely finished packing up both of our apartments and we are now loading the last few boxes onto the moving van. The weather is surprisingly warmer than it had been so I was able to steal one of Taehyung's button-ups that I threw on over my black leggings and ended up tossing my hair into a messy bun on top of my head when I found myself sweating from all of the heavy lifting.

Professional movers apparently cost way more than I expected them to so we both agreed on doing all of the work ourselves while Izzy plays with her friend, Emma, at her house for the afternoon. 

My phone rings for the umpteenth time today and at this point, I'm over even hearing it. For the last couple of days, I had been getting private call after private call. Sometimes when I would answer, it would be complete silence while other times, I could hear slight breathing that gave me the chills. Even Taehyung would answer on occasion but he would tell me he heard the same things. Eventually, I stopped answering my phone altogether.

I often received unknown numbers and even some private ones for work so the fact it was a private number wasn't out of the ordinary but it has gotten out of hand and to top it off, it's a Saturday. If someone wants to get a hold of me for business, they can call back during scheduled hours.

However, the number of calls I'm receiving back-to-back is ridiculous and I have a strong feeling about who is actually calling me.

"Ringing again, huh?" Taehyung huffs as he pushes a heavy box into place in the back of the van, "We should probably change your number."

"Probably. I'm just going to turn it on silent for now. I'm sick of hearing it and Emma's mom already knows to call you instead if she needs to get a hold of us for Izzy." I pull my phone out of my back pocket and turn the ringer off, rolling my eyes at the words Private Number staring back at me; haunting me.

Sitting down on the edge of the truck's bed to rest for a moment, he tugs on the shirt I'm wearing to pull me closer to him and wraps his arms around my waist, "And Miles, has he still been emailing you?"

"Every day. I'm still not replying." I sigh heavily.

Ever since the day Miles delivered me flowers, I had been getting emails from him one to two times a day trying to spark up a conversation or telling me how he's so sorry for how he treated me in the past. All things I didn't care to hear and each email was forwarded to Taehyung if I was at work or shown to him if we were together. I'm pretty sure there's at least one sitting in my inbox right now. 

At first, I was at least considering allowing him in Izzy's life but now it's starting to seem as if he's more interested in me than her and that's definitely a road I'm not trying to go down ever again.

Why would I even consider it when I have this handsome, sweet man staring up at me?

"Is it bad that I wish he never showed back up?" Tae furrows his brow as if he was regretting even saying that out loud.