Chapter Thirty-Seven

Taehyung xo:Hey baby!I just landed andgot to the hotel xo

Taehyung xo:
Hey baby!
I just landed and
got to the hotel xo

How long do you
have to rest until
you have to go to
the first thing on
the schedule?

Taehyung xo:
Getting changed into
my suit now. There's
a stupid brunch thing
I have to attend.

I'm sorry...
FaceTime tonight?

Taehyung xo:
Of course! I'm looking
forward to seeing your
beautiful face.

I'm looking forward
to it too! Try to at
least look like you're
enjoying yourself lol

Taehyung xo:
No resting bitch face?

No resting bitch face lol

Taehyung xo:
Ugh, fine! lol

Smiling at our text conversation and the photos he sends me of the hotel room, a goofy video starts playing of him running and jumping on a very plush-looking bed and I giggle at how scared his face looked when he bounced too high. Shutting my screen off and placing my phone back into my pocket, I force myself to get back to work instead of swooning over my cute boyfriend. A task that is not easy to do, mind you.

Sliding open the file cabinets in the far back room, I thumb through the alphabetized colorful folders, pulling out the names that I needed one by one.

Today was filled with a few new clients which are always exciting for me. The first meeting was typically met with smiling faces and excitement before the stress of wedding planning sets in. No matter how much I try to take the couple's stress away, it usually ends up happening regardless. At least I can be there for them as a listening ear and a reassurance when necessary.

"Miss James?" Jane calls out to me as she walks down the hallway towards the room I'm in while I continue to rummage through the file cabinets, gathering some things I needed to prepare for the day, "You have a visitor."

Checking the time, my brow furrows as I push the metal drawer back into place as I adjust the Manila folders in my arms, blowing a loose strand of hair out of my face, "I don't have my next client scheduled for another hour or so at least. I was needing to work on some things beforehand. Is it an emergency, perhaps?"

Shaking her head, she gives me a little shrug, "It's not one of your regular clients or anyone I recognize but it is some guy. He says he knows you. I've never seen him before."

"Some guy?" The only other guy I could think of is my father and he doesn't just show up to places unannounced. I look at her curiously as she gives me another confused shake of her head, "Would you mind taking these for now? I'll come to get them when I see him out."