Chapter 31- Yule Ball

Harry~

Did I say something wrong? She's shifting in her seat uncomfortably and looking around the room. Oh God. I scared her. I reached for her thigh, but before I could she shot her green eyes into mine and smiled.

"Yes Harry, I would love to." She kept her eyes locked on mine.

She looked intense, "I'm sorry, I thought I heard someone say my name.. or something."

"It's okay, and brilliant. You'll look beautiful, and now Ron can't tease me about not having a date." I sighed a breath on relief.

"What are you two doing? Making plans for your funeral after the games?" Malfoy came over us like a hawk.

Lily's face turned a bright pink. "We're going to the ball... together."

His demeanor changed, his eyes grew a layer of watery film. His shoulders slumped a little bit and he slowed his pace. He started to reach for her shoulder, when he suddenly pulled back. Without saying anything, he walked past us and out of the room.

Lily's eyes followed him all the way out, until they couldn't see him anymore. The color in her face drained and I could see her lip curl. I took her cold, fragile hand in mine.

"You can talk to him." I said reassuringly, completely forgetting about their previous affairs.

She got up and nodded at me with a smile. A cold tear rolled down her cheek and landed in my lap.

Lily~

"Have you seen Draco?" I was trying so hard to swallow my pity in my throat. Blaise pointed to the bathroom and I sighed. The tears fell freely. He slowly extended his arm and I tilted my body to the side to fall into his embrace. He brushed my brown locks away from the stream tears flooding my face. He aligned me to face him then nodded towards the bathroom.

"He's the only one in there." He said almost in a whisper.

"Thank you." I squeaked out before hurriedly sneaking into the bathroom.

The faucet was running to muffle the sounds of Draco sobbing. It began pouring out onto the floor and creating a massive puddle beneath him. I cautiously tip toed through the water, failing and causing him to turn around. He slowly lifted his eyes from my soaked shoes to meet my matted hair smeared across my face. I pulled the pieces to the side and let him watch me cry. I reached out to him, extending my arms like a baby who craves its mother's attention.

"Draco, I need you." I said through clenched teeth. My voice was sharp from the emotion. He let go of the sides of the sink and turned to me.

He slowly took a step towards me and then another. He kept slowly approaching me until we were less than two feet across from each other. He collapsed in front of me and let the water consume his legs.

"I need you more..." He uttered out through gasps and tears.

I fell into his puddle on the floor and we both sat there, completely still in the water. Just inches away from his desperate touch. We just stared at each other's composure.

Silent. Sad. Scared.