Chapter 27-Scar

Lily~

Tom came over to me and caressed my thigh, "Darling, I have a new plan."

I sat up and looked at him confused. He took my hand and walked me over to this mirror. He wrapped his hands around my waist and leaned close to my ear.

"Harry Potter is coming for you. Sounds almost like... a love story." He paused before the continued.

"I think that's a better story... yes a heroic tale where the boy gets his girl... sounds much much better." He whipped me around to face him. His eyes were intense as they looked for a response on my face.

"Lily Avery and Harry Potter." I finally understood what he meant.

I yanked away from him and clenched my fists.

"I don't want Harry!" I could feel my face burning red with anger. Tears clouded my vision and I fell on the floor.

"I want Draco! Why can't he save me!?" I yelled as loud as my cries could.

"I told you, he needs to focus on his tasks. I told you I had another task for you Avery. This is the task." He grabbed my face as I cried on the floor.

"No more Draco, you and Harry are game now." My heart cracked and panic started flooding over me. This can't be real. Am I dreaming? Just before I could think of anything to yell out, Harry pushed past Tom and wrapped me into his arms.

"Harry.. I see you have found my girl." He said through a grin, eyeing me.

"If you ever touch another student, if you ever open this chamber again, if you ever breathe my name, I will kill you." Harry said breathlessly as he held me close to his chest.

"Oh you're no fun. I'll be back, I hope you're ready to tango next time, Potter." Tom writhed the words and then like that walked out of the mouth I had come through in.

Forgetting the trade off I had made for my safety, I wrapped my arms around Harry. His warm hands encased my waist as he hoisted me up off the floor. Ron was now entering the room, and he rushed over to us when he saw Tom was gone.

"Harry! We have to go the entrance is shaking, rocks are falling, it's going to be closed!" Ron grabbed my hand and Harry followed behind.

As we got out of the mouth, rocks crashed around us. A big one unhooked itself from the ceiling and was coming straight for me. Harry grabbed my hand and yanked me just in time for the rock to miss me. Ron flew for the entrance of the cave and Harry tugged me through the chaos around us. At this point we were sprinting to the exit. A large rock came down on Ron's shoulder. He cried in pain, but kept moving forward. As we reached the exit, the mouth of the snake collapsed and the debris went flying throughout the cave. We leaped forward as the cave finally had its last rumble and everything was buried in stone. Harry and Ron looked at each other, then at me. We laughed for a second and then Ron grabbed his injured shoulder.

"Oh my, Ron are you okay?" I practically pounced next to him to inspect his shoulder. Blood was soaking his shirt and he winced at my hands brushing it.

"Yeah.. nothing that can't be fixed." He smiled at me. His smile wasn't assuring, but I found it attractive. Something about him trying to comfort me while being just as hurt himself was nice.

"We'll go straight to Pomfrey, he'll be alright." Harry assured me.

"Why did Riddle have you anyway?" Ron asked. I couldn't tell if he was on to me or if he was asking because he cared about me.

"Hell.. your guess is as good as mine. I guess just because of my dad.. and Lucius maybe.." I lied. I knew he would believe me if I threw the Malfoys into it. It was wrong, and I liked Lucius, but I couldn't give away the truth.

"Of course it's the Malfoy's." Harry clenched his fist up, "oh.. sorry Lily.. I know you're close with them. I just want you to realize, they are evil. They're loyal to Voldemort, and they wouldn't give it a second thought to throw you under the bus for him."

Without thinking, I said, "Do you think Draco would do that?"

They both paused.

"I mean... he didn't get you." Ron started.

"He couldn't. Because he values Voldemort more than he values you." Harry said carelessly, but I could tell he meant it.

My eyes started to swell with salty tears. I knew why Draco couldn't get me, and I'm sure he didn't say anything to Harry and Ron. It just makes me upset because I know when it came down to it, Harry was right. Draco would feed me to the wolves if it meant a pat on the back from Voldemort.

"Can we go now?" I asked trying to swallow the tears.

"I thought you would never ask!" Ron got up, brushing dirt off of his legs.

I knew I needed to fall for Harry. I needed to forget about Draco. But he is my childhood best friend. Someone who has been there for me. My recent lover. I missed him, more than anyone. I've never felt the burning, longing sensation to be with anyone else. All I wanted was to go back to the dorms and hug him. Tell him I missed him. Tell him what Tom told me. But I couldn't.. if I did, we would both be dead.

Heyyy, I feel terrible about keeping you guys on a cliff hanger for so long! I'm a freshmen in college, and I had finals (which are super hard btw) and I couldn't stay up to write. I hope you guys understand and thank you so much for the support!!! I never thought this story would reach the eyes of 3k! Love you guys!