Chapter 18- Warning

Draco~

I'm so sick of Harry getting whatever he wants. He gets everything and to think we don't know he's playing some sort of game?! I can't even stomach thinking about it anymore, he is ridiculous.

"I can't believe him." I spat to Lily as we entered the great hall.

"Yes Draco I know but think about how scared he's going to be," she looked up at me all worried about Potter.

"I don't care. Maybe he should've thought about that before entering such a competition." I was fuming. how could she feel bad for him?

Ron looked mad and was forcefully shoving all the food down his face.

"What's with you?" I spat at him.

"Harry." He said not even looking up at me.

I rolled my eyes and we sat down.

"When do the games start?" Her voice trailing through my ears.

"Tomorrow is the first round: Dragons I think." No one was supposed to know that, but word gets around.

"Oh damn..." she picked her food.

We finished eating then went to the quidditch field to hit around for a little. she was getting really good. Her long brown hair whipped around when she flew through the sky and her eyes almost twinkled in the afternoon sunlight. I really did like her, maybe it was even love. She's my girl. Her sweat glistened down her neck as she leaned over to my broom to give me a kiss. I grabbed her face and pulled her closer. My broom started shaking as I wasn't concentrating and I pulled back. We both started laughing as I flew back to the ground. She followed and we went inside to go back to the great hall for dinner.

Lily~

I grabbed my food and headed up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Draco grabbed my arm.

"Upstairs, I'm tired I want to go to sleep." I yanked my arm back and started walking up the stairs leading towards the common room.

"Did I say you could?" Draco had his hand reaching towards me again.

"I don't remember asking for your permission." I didn't even turn to him.

"Where did this sudden attitude come from Lily I didn't do anything." He looked actually upset.

"Draco, it's not an attitude I just need some alone time. He looked sad but then gave up and started walking back towards the great hall. He looked back at me once before returning through the doors. I felt bad, but I knew if I was nice he was going to try to follow me upstairs. I needed to do this by myself.

As soon as I couldn't see him anymore I turned to run towards the library. My feet were hitting the ground so fast I barely knew where I was supposed to be going. I stopped when I got towards the spot.

"It should be here somewhere." I was going through the books trying to find anything I could.

I ran my fingers across the books when one inched out. I grabbed it slowly and looked across the top of it: The Art of Dragons.

I couldn't help myself, I had to give Harry some kind of heads up before he ended up dead in tomorrow's match. I started scanning the book to find anything I could to help him out. I couldn't find anything for the longest time when I came across an entry that peaked my eye. Scribbled on the side of the entry was a note from someone who had read this book before me. It had some initials next to it that read T.R. I looked at the book confused when I heard the doors shut and lock. Panic ran through my body, as I realized I was locked in here. I looked back at the book and the page was empty. I started flicking through the pages and saw all the pages were empty and the candle I had next to me for light burned out. I was by myself in the darkness, holding a book with no words. My heart was pounding when a hand grabbed me from behind.

It was cold and shocks of electricity went through my body, but not the kind when Draco touched me. I slowly turned around to see a tall, handsome man. My voice escaped me as I tried to speak and he took my hand and stood me up.

"Where.. where are you taking me?" My voice was barely audible as the man turned to smirk at me. A corner of the library barely lit had two chairs and a table with a book on it. The book had a tattered spine and was about the size of my whole torso. He guided me down to sit in the chair.

"Who are you? Why are the lights out? Where did everyone go? Don't touch me." I was beginning to get frustrated as he opened the giant book and pointed to a passage. I leaned over and the smell of old parchment hit me like a ton of bricks. I coughed and scanned the passage for anything meaningful. It was about a certain type of dragon and instructions about how to handle it. I looked towards the man, beginning to ask him what he meant, when he was gone. It was like he vanished into thin air. I looked around and quickly ripped the page out of the book. It glowed for a moment before I shut the book hurriedly. I got up and my vision went black. I sat on the ground, the cold tile wrapping around my warm legs. I looked up and saw the man standing there again. I took his outstretched hand when everything went black again. I opened my eyes and saw that I was back where I had been reading all along.

I had never moved. There had been no man. I grabbed the previous book and went through the pages. The words were back. I looked around and the silent buzz of the library was back. I stood up to leave when I felt something in my robe pocket. It was the paper. I brushed the whole thing off and decided it was best I give this to Harry.

Just my luck, he was walking out of a classroom when I was exiting the library.

"Potter!" I whisper yelled to him. "Come here!"

He looked confused as he wobbled over towards me, he flinched when I reached in my pocket.

"I found this, you want to read it before tomorrow." I pushed the paper into his fist.

"What is it?" He asked looking to make sure no one was coming.

I couldn't answer his question. I didn't know. But why else would I have retrieved the paper if I wasn't meant to find it and give it to him.

"Don't ask. And don't let anyone know I spoke to you." I winked and headed off toward the Slytherin common room.

Who was that man? And what did T.R. stand for? I didn't know, I don't even know if it was real. It had to mean something.