12 - The Shepherd

Flashback

Prince Charming was looking at his reflection in a shield, he was dressed as a knight, looking exactly like Prince James.

King Midas approached him, "There he is, our saviour!" Prince Charming looked at him, "The man who is going to tear the dragon limb from limb," Prince Charming pulled out the sword that Midas had turned to gold, "You do this and you'll be a legend," King Midas told him and then walked off.

Prince Charming noticed that there was something wrong with his armour and he tried to fasten it but failed. A knight walked up and helped him with the armour, "Here, let me. You fastened it wrong. Here, give me that," The knight said and took the golden sword.

"How will I fight? How will I protect myself?" Prince Charming said.

"You won't. You will stay outside the cave while we kill the dragon if you don't come out of this alive, Milas won't give our kingdom any gold. You might have the title of hero, but not the job," The knight said and they heard the dragon's road from the mountains.

 You might have the title of hero, but not the job," The knight said and they heard the dragon's road from the mountains

Prince Charming and a group of knights were walking up a narrow mountain trail. Along the way, they saw various burnt items from previous knights who had been given the job of slaying the dragon.

They arrived near the entrance tot he dragon's cave and the knight who helped with the armour turned to each other, "The dragon's lair is through there," He looked at Prince Charming, "You stay here. We'll be back," The knight said and some of the knights drew their swords and entered the cave.

Two knights stayed behind with Prince Charming, "Did you know him well?" Prince Charming asked.

"Who?" A knight asked.

"My brother, the prince," Prince Charming said.

"Yeah, we knew him. He's the bravest man I ever met," A knight said.

The dragon's roar could be heard from the cave and suddenly flames were seen at the cave's entrance and the knights could be heard screaming inside.

"They need our help," Prince Charming said and he tried to run into the cave but the two knights held him back.

"We stay here. Our orders are clear," A knight said.

"People are dying!" Prince Charming said as he struggled against the knights.

"Don't move! Hey, stay back!" A knight said.