14 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Graham and Mary Margaret were sat in Mary Margaret's classroom.

"Mary Margaret, how long have we known each other?" Graham asked.

"Um..." She thought for a moment, "I don't know. A while," Mary Margaret said.

"Do you remember when we met?" Graham asked.

"Um, no," Mary Margaret said.

"Me neither. I can't remember when I met you, or when I met anyone. Isn't that odd?" Graham asked.

"I don't know. I mean, I suppose. But, I think that's just life. Things get hazy," Mary Margaret said.

"Have I ever hurt you?" Graham asked.

"Oh, Graham. No, of course not. What is going on?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Do you believe in other lives?" Graham asked.

"Mm, like heaven?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I mean like past lives," Graham said.

"You've been talking to Henry," Mary Margaret said.

"Henry?" Graham questioned.

"Well, he has this book of stories. He's been going on about how he thinks we're all characters from them. From another land. We've forgotten who we really are. Which, of course, makes no sense," Mary Margaret said.

"Right. No, of course," Graham said.

"Graham," She leaned over and placed her hand on Graham's forehead, "Ah, you are burning up. Go home and get some rest. I think you'll feel must better after you've had some sleep," Mary Margaret said.

"Right. You're absolutely right. I'm sorry to disturb you. Uh, thank you," Graham said as he walked out.

"Of course," Mary Margaret said.

Flashback

Snow White and the Huntsman, who was dressed as one of the Queen's guards, were walking along a path through the forest.

"You know, when I was a little girl, the summer palace was my favourite place. The mountains surrounding it felt like a cradle. They always made me feel safe. I look forward to returning to it now," Snow White said.

The Huntsman fiddled with the armour around his neck and Snow White noticed, "Stuffy in there?" He looked at her, "Here," Snow White said as she took out two apples and tried to hand one to the Huntsman.

"No,"  He said.

Snow White bit into her apple as she looked at him, "You're not a knight, are you?" Snow White asked.