39 - The Return

At the convent, August was talking to Mother Superior before he walked away and Mother Superior walked towards the entrance of the convent where she was approached by Mr Gold said.

"Mother Superior. Good afternoon," Mr Gold said.

"Our rent is paid in full," Mother Superior said.

"I'm not here about the rent," Mr Gold said.

"Well, good day to you, then," Mother Superior said and headed towards the door of the convent.

"Tell me, that man," She stopped and looked at him, "Who just left here... Who did he say he was? What did he want?" Mr Gold asked.

"I don't have to tell you that," Mother Superior said.

"And I don't have to not double your rent. What did he want?" Mr Gold asked.

"Advice and counsel. He came to town looking for his father after a long separation, and he recently found him," Mother Superior said.

"Ah. And a happy reunion has already taken place?" Mr Gold asked.

"No, he hasn't spoken to him yet," Mother Superior said.

"And why not?" Mr Gold asked.

"Mhm, it was a difficult parting. There are many issues to be resolved between them," Mother Superior said.

"I see," Mr Gold said.

Flashback

Baelfire and Delphinia were holding hands as they walked through the woods, towards a fallen tree and they sat down.

"Reul Ghorm? Are you there? If you can help us, please make yourself known to us," Baelfire said as they closed their eyes.

The Blue Fairy emerged from the woods and the children opened their eyes again, "Can you help us?" Delphinia asked.

"I can help," The Blue Fairy said.

"How do I know we can trust you?" Baelfire asked.

"Because there's good magic and dark magic. And I'm on the right side," The Blue Fairy said.

"You're a fairy," Delphinia said.

"And you two are not untouched by magic, are you children? There's something dark in your lives," She looked at Delphinia, "In more ways than one," The Blue Fairy said.

"My father. He's the Dark One," Baelfire said.

"I can't make him the man he was before. But I can send him someplace where we won't be able to use his powers," The Blue Fairy said.

"Not a jail. We want to be with him. If we lose him, Delphinia will be taken as I can't look after her alone. We want it to be like it used to be," Baelfire said.

"Not a jail, young ones, just a place without magic," The Blue Fairy said.

"But magic is everywhere," Delphinia said.

"In this world, yes. You see, what ails your father is specific to our realm. His powers do not belong here. You must go where you can escape that wretched curse," The Blue Fairy said.