41 - The Stranger

Alana and Emma were in the pawnshop, Alana was talking to Mr Gold as Emma held back.

"I have to save him. I have to get Henry away from Regina," Alana said.

"I must admit, your intentions are admirable. However, I won't be taking your case," Mr Gold said.

"What? You know what Regina did!" Alana said.

"Yes, but we can't prove it. And given the mayor's sway in this town, any proceedings against her would be long, drawn-out, and futile. The only certainty is Henry would suffer," Mr Gold gave her a grim look, "Can't do that to your boy," Mr Gold said.

"So, we leave him in the same house with that sociopath?" Alana asked.

"I'm sorry, Sheriff, my mind's made up," Mr Gold said.

"Well then, change it! The only person I've seen go head-to-head with Regina and win is you," Alana said.

"That's because I know how to pick my battles," Mr Gold said.

"Then pick this one!" Alana said.

"I'm sorry. I'm afraid I'm simply not the man to help you beat Mayor Mills," Mr Gold said.

"No, he's not," Alana turned to Emma, "Come on," Emma said and walked out.

Alana looked at Mr Gold before following Emma and Mr Gold smirked in satisfaction as the twins left.

Emma led Alana into the Bed and Breakfast and towards August's room.

"Why are we here?" Alana asked.

"Getting you help," Emma said and knocked on August's door.

August opened the door, "Emma, Alana," August said.

"Hey," Emma said and pushed her way in, pulling Alana in with her.

"Take it easy," August shut the door and looked at them, "Is everything okay?" August asked.

"No, my sister is just about out of options," Emma said.

"I'm not," Alana looked at August and hesitated, "Help?" Alana said.

"Alright?" August said.

"You told us to beat Regina we had to see the big picture. Show it to us," Emma said.

At the pet shelter, David locked up the shelter and saw Regina trying to fix her car then bumped her head on the open hood.

David walked over to her, "Car trouble?" He asked.

"It won't start. A car full of groceries, and... Well, it hasn't exactly been a banner day," Regina said.

"Now... Well, let's see," David checked the dashboard, trying the ignition but the car doesn't start, "The battery's dead," David told her.