35 - Hat Trick

Jefferson opened a door and shoved Alana and Emma into a room where the walls were lined up with tophats.

"I don't know what you think you're doing, but if you hurt our friend, I swear we'll make you regret it," Emma said.

"Hurt her? I'm saving her life," Jefferson said.

"How do you figure that?" Alana asked.

"Don't play stupid. We both know what happens when people try to leave Storybrooke," Jefferson said.

"What are you talking about?" Alana asked.

"The curse," Jefferson said.

"What curse?" The twins asked.

"The one keeping us all trapped. All except the two of you," Jefferson said.

"Have you been reading Henry's book?" Emma asked.

"Henry? You mean the Queen's father?" Jefferson questioned.

"Henry, the mayor's adopted kid," Alana said.

"Oh, Henry. Your Henry. And his book of stories. The ones that the two of you choose to ignore. Maybe, if you knew what I know, you both wouldn't," Jefferson said.

"Why have you been spying on us?" Alana asked.

Jefferson moved around the room, pointed the gun at Alana's head briefly before lowering it, "Because, for the last twenty-eight years, I've been stuck in this house. Day after day, always the same. Until one night, you two, in the little yellow bug, roll into town, and the clock ticks and things start to change. You see... I know what you two refuse to acknowledge, Emma, Alana. You're both special. You two brought something precious to Storybrooke, magic," Jefferson said.

"You're insane," Alana said.

"Because I speak the truth?" He asked.

"Because you're talking about magic," Emma said.

"I'm talking about what I've seen. Perhaps, you're the one's who are mad," Jefferson said.

"Really?" The twins asked.

"What's crazier than seeing and not believing? Because that's exactly what the two of you have been doing since you got to our little hamlet," Jefferson stood in front of the twins, inches from their faces, "Open your eyes. look around. Wake up. Isn't it about time?" Jefferson said.

"What do you want?" Emma asked as Alana gripped her sisters' hand.

"I want you two to get it to work," Jefferson told them and shoved them into chairs.

"You want us to get to work?" Alana said in confusion as they saw a hat in front of them on the table.

"You're the only ones that can do this. You're both gonna get it to work," Jefferson said.

Flashback

Jefferson and the Evil Queen ended up inside Jefferson's hat. Several different coloured doors are lining the inside wall of the hat.

 Several different coloured doors are lining the inside wall of the hat