18 - True North

Flashback

Hansel and Gretel were outside the gingerbread house. Hansel went to eat the icing off the side of the house but Gretel stopped him. Gretel opened one of the windows, and the two entered.

 Gretel opened one of the windows, and the two entered

Inside the house, there was a table full of sweets.

"How can you be sure she's sleeping?" Hansel whispered.

"I can't. And remember what the Queen said, not even a lick," Gretel whispered.

They looked at the Blind Witch asleep by the fireplace and they saw the leather satchel hanging on the wall, "You're right. Look," Hansel whispered.

"And there's the satchel," Gretel whispered.

"What do you think's inside it?" Hansel whispered.

"Does it matter? All that matters is getting it to the Queen so she can find Father," Gretel whispered.

Gretel walked over to the fireplace and went to grab the bag. Hansel stayed behind by the table of sweets and he picked up a cupcake. Gretel removed the bag from its hook but when she turned around, she saw Hansel taking a bite out of the cupcake.

The Blind Witch awakens, there was a pile of bones at her feet. Hansel and Gretel ran for the exit, but the Blind Witch magically locked the door, they tried the window, but they were also locked.

The Blind Witch sniffed the air and looked at them, "I smell dinner," The Blind Witch said.

End of Flashback

Alana and Emma walked into Mr Gold's pawnshop, he was at the counter polishing a lamp.

"Alana, Emma. How lovely to see you both. I'm flattered you'd take time off your busy schedule for me. What could I do for you, Sheriff, Deputy?" Mr Gold said

"We're looking for information on this old compass," Alana handed it to him, "Any idea where it could've come from?" Alana asked.

Mr Gold looked at it, "Well, well. Look at the detail. You know this is crystal. This jewelled setting... In despite the rather unfortunate shape, it's in, this is actually a very unusual piece. The person who owned this obviously had great taste," Mr Gold said.