Lee Taeri X Reader 1

"What if?"

You and Taeri are bestfriends for almost eight years now and that's an enough explanation of how much comfortable the two of you of each other. You were bestfriends since highschool and have witnessed each other's crushes and ideals. Which lead for you to question: how it would be for you and Taeri if you two are lovers?

You lean your back at the couch's armrest and shake that thought off your head while scrolling past an instagram post on your phone. The post was about a bestfriends who became lovers, with a hashtag saying "engaged". You know it'll sound ridiculous if you ask Taeri about this, probably laugh at you but you are a bit shameless towards him to ask this question, still you called out for his name.

"Taeri?" You uttered.

"Hmm?" Taeri answered, sitting across you while leaning his back at the other end of the couch.

His answer sounds a bit uninterested as he is focused reading his favorite comic book, but it sounds interested enough for you to continue.

"What do you think about us being lovers?" You asked.

"What do you mean." Taeri replied even though his eyes are fixed at the comic book.

"Exactly that.." You folded your knees against your chest and hugs them, expecting Taeri to be annoyed maybe.

"What did you snort today, Joana?" He asked, eyes still on the comics.

You shrug and props your chin on your palm while leaning the elbow on your knee. "Just saw some stuff at the internet. So, what do you think?"

Strangely, he's been answering calmly to every question. You didn't expect this but rather he would be annoying or just tease the hell out of you like you would to him if he ever ask you.

And you thought your insistence would do it however, he just turns the page of his comic, humming before he answers. "I don't think there'll be ever a change."

For some reason, the answer disappoints you a little but you're more confuse. "Eh?"

Taeri chuckle upon hearing your response, as a friend of yours for eight years he caught the disappointment in that soft utter. "Why? If you like me, just confess will you? Don't be vague by asking me questions."

His reply surprises you, resulting in a gasp and stutters. "W-what.. No-! Seriously. I was just asking. Why are you taking it that way.." You mumble the latter.

Taeri brings the comic down and leans closer to you, beaming. The sunrays from the window, hitting Taeri's face looks ethereal. This isn't the first time you felt the flutters from him but you always just shrug that off easily.

"Alright. Let me tell you more about my thoughts." Taeri utters, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Haven't I been a good friend to you? I doubt that I haven't been as you have been treating me nicely. And annoying you is fun!" He added.

You are still confuse with his answer, so you ask. "So, you won't be a little bit sweeter..?"

He looks into your eyes, chuckling. "You want me to be sweeter than I am to you the whole time? Sure, if that's what my Joana wants."

For all seriousness, that made you flutter again. But knowing that it's just an act regarding the question, you pushes him away as he attempts to hug you.

"You're being cringe not sweet." You shake your head and mumble. "My Joana.. ew."

He comes back up and laughs lightly. "You blushed though."

It was just a joke but it surprises you a lot. You started overthinking when you actually didn't blush. Taeri continues to laugh as he witnesses you panicking.

"I was joking. You did not. You like me, don't you? For eight years?" Taeri gasps in a teasing manner.

"Jesus Christ, Taeri. Stop. No, I don't. Can't we be curious of something we actually don't know of?" You responded, annoyed.

Taeri pauses. You thought it is the end of the conversation until he said:

"We can try. I doubt you're way more curious than I do."

"What do you mean?" You asked, just checking if what it meant in your head matches his.

"What do you think of me as your boyfriend?"

[a/n: hello! Jojo_btslover! hope you like it. would make part 2 if anyone wants!]