ATEEZ SAN (pt.1)

Two of Us

San and you have been bestfriends for four years now. Your life has been a drama for you. And you consider yourself as a side character, and that guys who would fit the "second lead" vibe would be your to go for or your ideal type of man. So you always tease San about looking too much like a "leading man". Saying, you wouldn't date him because of that. Which San would reply, "As if I would date you."

One day, a rumor spread around the campus that San and you are dating. You heard of the rumor and thought that's impossible. It's a groundless rumor. You look around for San but he's nowhere to find. One student came up at you asking if the rumor is true. It happens that someone saw you hugging San the night of the trip.

But that wasn't it at all! For you. And San.

You are having hard time if this "character" mindset is the best to live on for. It's getting tiring for you and doesn't seem right anymore. San caught you sighing over your shoulders so he decided to check up on you and sat by your side. You told him what's troubling you and after listening to all that he replied, "I thought you will never thought of this."

You glared at him but eventually laugh since you know he's kidding.

"Just be you. Not a side character. Or anyone else in a drama. Like you, [Y/N]. You don't have to put up a scenario or be that person to sort of people. You are you. There's no leads or sides. I appreciate you and you are my friend not because you are "supposed" to be that person in my life. I am me, San, and you are you. And our personalities what brought us together."

You aren't really used to this but it was nice to hear for you. "What's up with you?" You replied.

San spreads his arms and jokingly invites you to hug him What he didn't know is that you would do that; you would hug him. In his surprise, his arms seems stuck on a wide spread position.

"Thank you. You've been saying that to me countless of times, sorry if I was that stubborn. Let me just hug my friend for a moment." You utterly said.

And that's what happened that night from the trip. You didn't know it would turn out like this but you feel like you need to clear all this up.

That same day, you went to the studio with San as the members of a cheering squad. There's only the two of you and you decided to take a rest, have some talk.

"You heard it too right?" You asked while leaning your back at stucked mats. San is on his back at the floor, sweating.

"Hm?" He uttered confuse before realizing. "Ahh. That we're dating?"

You made a soft laugh and shakes your head. San looks up at you and laughs along.

"Well, it isn't really the first time we've gone through this rumor." San added as he stands up and leans like the way you do at the mats.

"Right. Highschool were much noisier than this. Especially girls." You responded. Given the fact that he actually looks good. (No, he really is.)

You and San do not feel awkward, nor you two have to be. But silence surrounded the two of you after chuckling and reminiscing the old times. Yet San broke that silence as he utters, "Should we just date?"

That definitely surprised you.

"I mean, we've kissed already. Didn't we?"