vrene¡au « ep. 02+ending »

[ a/n : here's the ep. 02 and the ending it's kind of cringe. forgive me. haha. ]

"We were."

"..you were once there, Taehyung.."

Taehyung starts calming himself down, hands placed on his waist as he looks on ground and sighs. He is left speechless.

"You know, each time we get to have a bigger mission or project like this, the agency always lose good runners. Ever since Namjoon died from running, each time a runner gets hurt we are forcing them to quit. The chairman has weakened his heart, that we are losing everyone. That's when you left the agency too and came in this bullcrap." Irene said, with her eyes getting teary, reminding Taehyung about what happened to them in the past.

"I thought the agency had closed.." Taehyung replied, looking confuse yet sorrowful.

Irene hesitated to tell Taehyung the truth. She avoids eye contacts with him while thinking twice about it.

"Bae Joohyun!" Taehyung said her name within his deep yet loud voice. He hinted that there's something going on with her.

Still hesitating, Irene decided to tell the truth to V. "Alright! Fine! I lied about it so you would stop doing this job and have a normal life. It was so depressing about what happened to Namjoon.. He was our dearest friend.. I don't want you to end up like that! So, I told to the chairman to kick you out of the agency. But here you are, fighting against me.."

What happened earlier while the other back-up runners were still around, are all acting. Taehyung can't believe seeing Irene but he needs to go along unless people would doubt. Meanwhile, Irene is not surprised seeing Taehyung yet disappointed. She knew about it right after they received the mission from the head.

Now it makes sense to Taehyung why they haven't seen each other for a while. If an agent is seen to be interacting, getting friendly or teaming up with an agent from another agency, they are bound to be punished.

"I thought you have left me without a notice... I guess this must be it.. how did you become a runner..?" Taehyung took a few steps forward to where Irene is sitting. Though, she knows him, she still feel threatened that makes Taehyung chuckled. He unleashes the rope off her wrists and smiled.

"The former chairman passes the position to his illegitimate son, Yoo Jitae.. atleast someone who doesn't know what happened to Namjoon. He noticed that we lack numbers of the runners, that's why I was assigned to be one." Irene replied and sighed.

"Why are you so stubborn?" Taehyung suddenly blurted.

"What..?" She knew he wasn't talking about how she became a part of runners.

"You were right, what happened to Namjoon is depressing, sorrowful and sad. However, that makes me want to continue this more. He became a role model to me and pushes me to do my best by fighting beside you and protect you.. None of us is being selfish, now look at what happened to us." Taehyung made some steps backward as he talks about what he felt the time he's working with her.

Irene chuckled and shakes her head, twisting her wrists after her hands were released. She stood up and looks at Taehyung. "I knew about that. Blame me but I'm the one who's selfish here. I knew about how you feel about what happened, but I still pushed you out by living a normal life."

"Joohyun, why are you being like this? If we could have talked about it sooner.. Stop thinking about what happened to Namjoon. It wasn't your fault."

"Right.. why am I being like this.. why are we like this.. aside from a friend.. why are we acting like we love each other? Funny." Irene made a soft laugh with a hint of sadness. Taehyung seeing Irene in this state break his heart.