Yeo Jingoo x Reader pt. 2

"Preference"

You quickly took a photo of this man, obviously letting him know that you wouldn't put your guards down.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he found himself confused

"Just incase someone else asks for the wallet. 'This guy took it!' kind of stuff." You saved the photo the slides your phone in your pocket.

Tha man just shakes his head. He can't believe you're still suspecting him but still letting you do your thing.

As you are about to say more stuff, your friend quickly drags you off by your arm to the room at the end of the hallway. Convincing you to stop irritating the man, who is definitely the owner of the wallet. You kind of fight your way there, but she might be right. You're making things complicated.

After a while, you and your friend leaves the room and paid additional things in the counter. Like food and beverages.

Your friend gets to exit the centre first. According to her, her girlfriend texted her that she has been in her house for half of an hour now, so she needs to go there quickly to avoid further problems; which you agreed as well to not get your friend in trouble.

As you exit the centre you are surprised to find the man from earlier standing two steps away from your track. You kind of find it strange, so you immediately fed your curiosity.

"Why are you still here?" You asks, startling him. He faces you with his hands on his pocket.

"Oh.." He glances behind you and said, "..where's your friend?"

"Ahh. She left already. What's up?" You responded. "You seem really cold though. Why didn't you go just go home?" You added, in a concern tone.

Hesistant, he still took the chance to say what he has to. "I wanted to thank both of you for returning my wallet. Especially you, I don't think it would end up on someone's hand with your investigation earlier."

Despite of the heartwarming return of favor you can't but to show your concern. "Even so, you could have waited inside! Not here, with these thin clothing. This leather jacket doesn't help you at all!" You took your scarf off and naturally wraps it around his neck. It doesn't really suit his entire get up with this bright yellow knitted scarf but somehow it suits him.

The man doesn't really know what to do with all the nosiness. Probably, isn't used to this kind of stranger. He just stayed still, blinking in confusion infront of you.

"So, you said you're going to treat to return favor right?" You asks as you smile at him.

You two decided to go in a nearest stall selling street foods without your friend. You told him that you could have just set a date for the three of you but he insisted that it must happen today. He sounds really different from earlier. You thought that despite how he looks, this hesistant yet warm side of him suits him more than the aggressive one earlier.

Each of you grabbed a stick of fishcake and gives it a large bite. You feel happy eating a delicious food. You looked at the man who's having his own time consuming his fishcake.

"Don't you feel cold? I mean I did gave you a scarf but I'm not sure if suggesting to go here helps." You said.

The man shakes his head and replied, "No. The stall's warmth is enough."

You nodded and quietly continues to eat while watching the vendor cooks the tteokbokki.

Without your knowing, the man is gazing at you as if he's trying to figure what type of person are you. You're as if you don't care what others think of you and that's mysterious for him.