ji changwook x reader

Song inspiration: Paul Kim's So Long.

Enjoy! Long story on how did I get motivated to do this one shot. Hahaha.

---

"So Long"

Awkward.... awkward... what if I meet him here somewhere? That's all that are going inside my mind and yet, it happened. Sighs. Out of all days...? No, why does time didn't let it passes for a year? Three months.... seriously...

I coughed just to get away a little with this awkwardness and grab a cup of warm coffee. Hmm.. I feel a lot better now that I had a sip of coffee. The winter weather just made this nervousness a lot worse. Should I be really nervous like this infront of him? Unbelievable.

Upon seeing into my peripheral vision, I saw him smile after I put the cup of coffee down and so I looked up at him then asked, "Why..?"

He continues to give me soft chuckles he can't seem to conceal. "Nothing.." He added.

I stared at him with a confuse look as I frown.

"Nothing, it just reminded me of the old days." He brings his palms together and rubs against each other as his face says that he's indeed reminded of probably.. the old us?

Curious, I replied. "Old days, you mean?"

"The college days.. MT. Remember?" He asked.

This bastard.. how can I forget MT?! We literally became drinking buddies because of that. Which lead us to this.

I nodded. Strangely, I feel comfortable. Maybe because of the years we spent together. Though I feel awkward as hell, because of the same reason. What do I say after this? I hate being in an awkward situations. There's been a ten seconds of silence already.

"Changwook-ah.." I blurted.

What the hell am I saying? Why'd you call him? What do you think you'll ask him, you stupid?!

"Hmm? Ah. Sorry. I'm keeping you busy. I asked you to have a coffee with me but I'm only wasting time, am I?" He responded, scratching his nape as he avoids eye contact with me.

Huh.. this isn't what I meant..

"It's not that. I--"

"How have you been?" He stared at me as he asks.

"Hm? Ah." I chuckled softly.. and awkwardly.. "I've been well.. how about you?"

I think that's smooth.

"Me? Hmmm, been well too.. I guess.." He answered as if he wasn't sure of his well being.

"Ji Changwook.." I called out, worried. I recognize this eyes. He always looks like this when something is bothering him.

Again, he avoided looking at me by staring down on the floor. No sooner, he lift his head up but then, I heard him sniff. I was alarmed.

"Changwook! Are you crying...?"

As soon as I asked, he wipes his cheeks and smiles at me, tenderly. "[Y/N]..... you are as still pretty as you are then.."

For some reason, the huge stone that I've been trying to carry alone by fooling myself into thinking they were lighter became heavy.. I tried not to get emotional but.. my eyes are already wet, no matter how much I blink to stop them.

"I think I need to go.." I stood up from my seat and sets my mind walking away. Do I not like him seeing me as a weakling or do I not like seeing him being weak..? Whatever it is, I thought I needed to go, few more steps I could reach and call for a taxi. But I felt someone grab me by my wrist and went for a tight embrace. A very warm one..

"I missed you..." He said as he muffled cries on my shoulder.