Wolfstar ~ Tattoos

~Dorms - Sixth Year~

Throughout their lives, the four Marauders barely got any tattoos, with the exception of Sirius. Peter, the betrayer, had two, the dark mark and the one he got in sixth year. James, the leader, had the sixth year one. Remus, the innocent werewolf, had none. Sirius, the sweet bad boy, had too many to count. One that the three had in common, was one they decided to get in honour of the fourth Marauder. One day in sixth year, Sirius, James, and Peter all showed up with matching tattoos. They weren't that big in size, but big in meaning.

Sirius had convinced them after his boyfriend, Remus, had just suffered a really hard full moon. After every full moon, Remus spends the next 30 hours lying in Sirius' bed after Pomfrey lets him go. Sirius loves this because he likes to take care of his Moony and cuddle him, but he doesn't like how he talks about himself after the full.

"What's wrong, Moons?" Sirius asked as he arrived back to the dorm from his classes.

"I got a new one..." Remus mumbled as Sirius sat down on the bed next to him.

"A new scar?" Sirius asked and earned a small nod from the werewolf.

"Rem, you know that I love your scars and so does everyone else, so what's so bad about it?" Sirius asked a rhetorical question.

"This one's different." Remus said, averting his amber eyes from Sirius' beautiful silver ones.

"Can I see?" Sirius asked softly, not wanting to push.

Remus just gave a light nod and looked around the room, noticing James and Peter weren't there. Once he saw they were alone, he sat up in Sirius' bed and pushed the covers off himself. He then turned around, facing away from Sirius. Remus slowly pulled up his shirt, exposing his back.

"Oh, Rem," Was all Sirius could say as he stared at the still pink scar that ran down the center of his boyfriend's back all the way from his neck to his waist. It was only a thin one but it still covered quite a bit of space on his body.

"I know, it's hideous." Remus sighed.

"It's not hideous. It's the farthest thing from hideous that something could be. I love it because it shows me how strong you are. How strong you are for going through the painful transformations that happen to you every month. How strong you are that you haven't given up. I love every one of your scars, and I know you don't feel the same but I hope one day you will and see the truth for what it is," Sirius said, turning Remus around so they were face to face again.

"You say something like that every time." Remus said, looking down but trying to hide the blush that just crept onto his cheeks because that was the most heartfelt way Sirius had ever said something like that.

"And I'll say it a million times more until you believe it too." Sirius said, placing a soft kiss on the brown haired boy's lips.

Sirius hadn't been surprised at the scar. The night before, when he was in his dog form and out with Prongs and Wormtail, taking care of Moony, they had watched the werewolf slip down some rocks by the lake and scratch his back on a few spikey bits, but he didn't expect it to scar.

So now, a week later, James, Peter, and Sirius are standing in their dorm talking quietly while waiting for Remus to return from the library with Lily.

"Hey guys..." Remus said as he entered the room seeing his three friends looking very suspicious.

"Did Lily come back with you?" James couldn't help but ask.

"Yes, Prongs, she did. She went to the girls dorm though," Remus sighed and laughed a little.

"What's going on?" Remus asked, eyeing all of them, especially Peter. Even though Sirius hardly ever lies to him, he knows Sirius has a really good poker face whereas Peter would crack under pressure.

"Nothing, why would you think something's going on..." Peter nervously laughed, earning a glare from James and Sirius.

"Did you get caught from a prank again?" Remus asked, scanning their facial expressions.

"Steal something?" He considered.

"Kill someone?" He resorted to.

"Merlin! Who do you think we are, Moony! We play pranks on our school, we're not raving lunatic murderers." James gasped and Sirius tried to hold in a laugh.

"So what did you do? I know you did something." Remus said, now staring at Sirius.

"Ok, don't get angry, we did this because we wanted to..." Sirius started slowly.

"Pads, what did you do?" Remus said scarily calmly.

"I think it's best if we show him..." James whispered to Sirius who nodded in return.

The three boys turned around and held their shirts up, showing the tattoo they had just gotten. It was a line down their backs, identical to the scar on Remus' back. The werewolf stood there and just stared. He couldn't understand why they would do it.

"We thought your scar looked cool so we decided to get matching marks. It can be something to signify 'The Marauders' maybe," Sirius said his rehearsed explanation. In all honesty, they did think Remus' scar was cool, but they also wanted to do something to show Remus that his scars are beautiful and so that's why they got it as a tattoo.

"Guys," Remus said, not deciding whether he was annoyed at them for doing something so stupid like getting a permanent tattoo, or whether he was touched they would do something like that for him.

"It's alright, Moony, we already know we're the best best friends someone could have. Especially me." James said, flipping his imaginary long hair.

"We all know I'm the best best friend!" Sirius said, flipping his actually long hair.

"You're my boyfriend, dumbass." Remus chuckled and Sirius smiled sheepishly at his own stupidity.

"Ok well I'm gonna go find Evans now, maybe she will like my new tattoo, it makes me look like a bad boy, don't you think?" James sighed, already daydreaming about Lily's reaction to the tattoo.

"Um... sure, bad boy." Sirius smirked and rolled his eyes while thinking about all the tattoo's he already has. Which are the new scar inspired one, a moon that changes with the phases on the inside of his wrist, a little dog paw on his other wrist just above the star and moon tattoo. Now he has four in total, the new one being the biggest.

James left the room and Peter went and sat on his bed to read. Sirius went and sat on his own bed, not knowing what to do but knowing his Moony would come and sit with him. Sure enough, a minute later, after putting his stuff away, Remus climbed onto Sirius' bed and sat next to him.

"Th-thank you," Remus said, unsure if he should say that.

"No. Thank you, without your cool scar, I wouldn't have gotten another amazing tattoo." Sirius sighed happily before snuggling up into Remus' side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooo, let me know what you thought of this. It was just a random idea that I got today and decided to write about it.

I hope you liked it! <3