Wolfstar ~ Nail Polish

*Just to tell you, the person referred to as 'her' in the dialogue between Remus and Sirius is 'Walburga' the devil herself. We just don't like saying her name because she was horrible to Sirius. I hope this makes sense, and please know that if you ever have any questions about a one shot, just comment it and I will respond with an explanation :)* 

~Hogwarts - Sixth Year~

It was a late Saturday night and the Gryffindor common room only held three occupants. The silent room that was only filled with the sound of the fire crackling was catering Remus, Lily, and Mary. It was completely peaceful as the three read their own books in different areas of the common room, not uttering a word to one another.

"Moony~" Sirius said as he ran down the stairs from his dorm and into the common room, leaning over the back of the sofa that Remus was sitting on.

"Padfoot~" Remus mocked Sirius' tone as he kept on reading his book.

"Can you come and help me with something?" Sirius asked, ignoring Remus' mocking.

"Can't you ask James or Pete?" Remus asked, still not looking away from his book.

"They're in detention with Minnie." Sirius reasoned.

"Well I'm busy reading, is it that urgent? Just try again by yourself, I'm sure you will be able to do it." Remus sighed, he didn't intend on being mean, it had just been a really long day, and he was used to Sirius asking him for favours with simple tasks.

"Ok, never mind." Sirius said in a small voice before he made his way back up to their room.

Remus continued reading, but something in his mind told him to go and check what Sirius needed help with. He didn't notice the side glances he earned from Lily and Mary. They could obviously tell that Sirius wasn't just being lazy with a simple task. He wanted Remus for something.

A few minutes later, after a mental battle, Remus closed his book with a sigh and stood up. He headed straight up the stairs to the boys dorm. When he got up there, he headed to the sixth year boys' room which had a closed door. He gently pushed it open and noticed the curtains pulled shut around Sirius' bed.

He slowly made his way over to the bed before clearing his throat to alert Sirius that he was in the room.

"Go and read your book." Sirius said in a slightly hostile but hurt way.

"I finished it." Remus lied, still standing by the bed.

"Well go and read another one, you have plenty." Sirius mumbled.

"I don't want to read another one." Remus stated simply.

"What are you doing here?" Sirius asked.

"You said you needed help with something so I came to help." Remus explained.

"Well I'm fine now." Sirius said.

"No you aren't. You'd have opened the curtains if you were fine." Remus rolled his eyes but was starting to feel like something was properly wrong with Sirius.

Sirius then angrily yanked open the red curtains surrounding his bed and moved his arm back to where it was crossed over his knees earlier. He tucked his head into his arms so Remus couldn't see his face.

"What's wrong, Pads?" Remus sighed sadly as he sat down opposite Sirius on the bed.

Sirius mumbled and shook his head, refusing to lift it. Remus gently brought a finger to tuck a few strands of long ebony hair behind Sirius' ear. He then slid his finger back to Sirius' jawline and traced down it until his finger met Sirius' arm and he tilted the boy's face up.

"Oh, Sirius, what's wrong?" Remus asked, worriedly.

"I got another letter." Sirius mumbled softly. His usually pink, rosy cheeks were pale and tear streaked. His silver eyes were red and bloodshot and his nose was crimson and runny.

"From her?" Remus asked in a soft voice as he cupped Sirius' jawline with one of his hands. Sirius' slightly leaned into his soft hand which is almost bigger than Sirius' face.

"Mhm," Sirius hummed.

"Where's the letter?" Remus asked, intending to destroy it to bits for making Sirius this upset.

"Destroyed it." Sirius said glumly.

"Good." Remus said approvingly.

"Let's do something fun." Remus said after a few long seconds of depressing silence.

"Like what?" Sirius said as if nothing would ever make him happy again.

Remus just smiled before he got up and walked over to his own bed. He bent down and Sirius watched in curiosity. Remus stood back up again holding multiple small glass bottles. There was a collection of pastel colours, and a black one. Remus walked back over to Sirius' bed and sat down, crossing his legs and facing Sirius.

"You kept going on and on about how much you wanted to paint your nails, so I asked Lily for some nail polish." Remus smiled.

"Thank you," Sirius smiled before leaning forwards and hugging Remus. He had always wanted to paint his nails, but his parents never let him.

"So, what colour do you want?" Remus asked excitedly.

"Umm, black." Sirius said, bringing a hand to his mouth as he thought about his choices.

"Ok, do you want me to do your left hand?" Remus asked, knowing Sirius is left-handed since he has a tendency to hold Remus' hand under the table while studying and it's always Sirius' right hand holding Remus' left so they can still write.

"Yes please," Sirius smiled before excitedly opening the black nail polish.

Ten minutes later, Sirius' right hand's nails were black and Remus' left hand's nails were an array of pastel colours which alternated on each finger. Sirius then handed Remus the black nail polish and watched how neatly and gently Remus applied it. Once Sirius' left hand was done, he helped to do Remus' right hand in the same pastel pattern as the other. Sirius had one finishing touch to add though. He quickly took the yellow pastel nail polish and painted it over his own two nails on his middle fingers. While Remus was laughing lightly, amused at what Sirius did, he grabbed the black nail polish and painted it onto Remus' two nails on his middle fingers.

"There, now we're matching in a way," Sirius smiled, feeling a lot better than before.

"I love it," Remus smiled as he admired their hands.

"More than you love me?" Sirius faked offence and put a hand to his heart.

"Of course not," Remus rolled his eyes and smirked.

Suddenly, Remus grabbed the front of Sirius' band shirt and pulled him forwards, meeting him in the middle in a sweet kiss.

"I'm sorry about before, I didn't realise something was wrong but I'll do better," Remus apologised when they pulled away from the kiss, faces only a few centimeters apart.

"It's fine, you more than made up for it," Sirius smirked before leaning in again for another kiss which Remus happily reciprocated.