Wolfstar ~ Rivalry

**Heyyy get ready for a pretty long wolfstar one shot :)))) This idea came to me when I listened to a random song that came on, so its inspired by that. You can try and guess which song it is if you want haha but I'm not sure whether it's very obvious or not obvious at all :P This one also starts a little sad but I promise the ending is fluffy. It also has mentions of internalised homophobia so yea just be aware of that :) Very much jealousy, very much lovers quarrel but not really lovers quarrel, and very much fluffy ending :)))) Also please no Lily hate!! I love Lily <333 and also this has mentions of no Jily lmao bcuz I couldn't stop thinking about how I head cannon James to be pansexual and I wanted him to like someone other than Lily like most teenagers who have crushes on different people over seven years instead of being infatuated by one person for their whole adolescent years. It mentions James liking a Slytherin bcuz Gryffindor's can be friends with/crush on Slytherins!! Anyways, you can take that as it is, I imagined it to be Reggie but I know not everyone likes that ship, so you can choose who it is or just ignore it haha :)**

**Also I was like half asleep while wrote the last half, so yeah don't judge if theres grammar/spelling mistakes or if it sounds a bit messy :P sorry!!**

**Anyways, I hope you like it, enjoy!!**

------------------------------------

~Hogwarts - Sixth Year~ 

Sirius black was always known for his overly confident and flamboyant personality. Accepting and never mean, unless it's Snivellus. He was once rude and ignorant towards the Slytherins, but once he and his brother started to get along better, his prejudices disappeared. He just doesn't tolerate bullies.

He's never been known as the selfish or jealous type. Never been seen showing negative emotions, besides that one time he ran away from home and James found him sobbing on his doorstep. But just because no one has ever seen it, doesn't mean he doesn't feel it.

Lily.

Beautiful, smart, perfect, Lily.

His best mate, James, had once been infatuated by her. Had dropped his things in a split second to accommodate her needs or just to get her attention. That was until the failed attempts at asking her out. He stayed strong, asked her out two or three times, but soon got the hint that she wasn't interested. There were tears, and late night cuddling, but eventually he got over it. He moved on, found a new crush. Sirius doesn't know who, just knows that it's a Slytherin.

Point is, Lily was no longer someone of interest. He wasn't forced to keep note of where he'd seen her last so he could report back to his lovestruck best friend.

Except she was a person of interest to him.

Lily Evans is very outgoing. Gets along with everyone. Especially people who are similar to her, or have common interests. Like Remus.

Sirius hates himself for feeling this way, him and Remus aren't even together. He has no right to have these feelings towards the red head. Although, sadly, he does, and he can't help his insecurities.

How can he not compare himself to Lily?

Lily who was a gift to her parents when they found out she was a witch and could go to Hogwarts. Lily who had beautiful wavy red hair that reached her waist line. Lily who had curves to fill her floral dresses in spring and jumpers in winter. Lily who had smooth skin that freckled in the sun. Lily who got top marks and never got in trouble. Lily who liked studying and could manage to read and write without getting distracted. Lily who was a prefect, just like Remus.

How could he compare?

Sirius who was a disgrace and embarrassment to his family when he got sorted into Gryffindor. Sirius who was a boy with long black hair that went just past his shoulders. Sirius who was skinny and bony from the lack of muscle he was yet to develop, drowning in any jumper or shirt he wears. Sirius who has acne because he's a teenage boy, and pale cold skin. Sirius who can barely pay attention no matter how hard he tries and always gets in trouble.