Drarry ~ Anonymous letters

~4 Privet Drive - Fifth Year~

It's a well known fact that Harry hates the Dursleys. They only keep him to be their slave, treating him even worse than some house elves are treated. There are only a few things that keep Harry going during the summer. Those things being, knowing he will be back at Hogwarts soon, the Weasley visits that he gets to go on, knowing he has to stay alive to save the wizarding world, and the letters. The letters are something that he hates but loves at the same time. Each week during the summer since last summer, he gets an anonymous letter. He has no idea who it's from, but he feels as if he knows this mystery person really well. He also recognises their handwriting but he can't quite put his finger on who's it is.

This morning he woke up to the sound of an owl tapping at his window. It was a beautiful black owl with beautiful honey coloured eyes. In its beak is an envelope that carries his weekly letter. Whoever sends the letters always times it so the owl arrives and the letter is the first thing Harry reads in the morning.

He got out of bed, stretching his stiff and sore limbs from doing all his chores yesterday. Once he stretched, he made his way over to the window, struggling to open it a bit due to the bars around it. After he took the letter from the bird, he stroked it's head, thanking it for bringing another letter. Usually, the owl waits, re-gaining energy before flying all the way back to where it came from. Sometimes, Harry likes to send a letter back, he never gets direct answers to what he asks, but he still enjoys having 'conversations' with this mystery person.

Dear Harry,

artis amor

tantum potest definiri

a phantasia unum ludit quod

fines feliciter

vel

tragice

I wrote you a poem, I know you won't understand it like all the other poems I have sent you because it's not in english. I can't tell you the language either, you'll have to find that out for yourself ;) I can't wait to see you next week at school, maybe learn how to actually do your tie properly before the new school year.

Stay beautiful for me, xxx

Love, Dragon

Whoever sends these letters goes by the name of 'Dragon' to hide their real identity. Harry never really thinks much about it, but some nights, when he can't sleep, he stays up and tries to guess who it might be. So far, he can't think of anyone. What he does know though, is that he feels curtain feelings that might be defined as a 'crush' towards this mystery letter sender. Weird, right, that he has a crush on someone who he doesn't even know? Well, it doesn't matter to Harry what people look like or their status, what matters is how they communicate and their personality. Harry loves the way this person writes, how even though he can't understand any of the poems, he knows they mean something special, something special to whoever is writing them, and they mean something special to Harry himself.

*****

A week later, school had started and Harry was on a hunt to find this mystery messenger. He had been getting these anonymous letters for two summers and he finally wanted to find out who was sending them. He knew whoever it is has to be in his year at Hogwarts because they always write about how Harry acts or looks in class.

"Doesn't he know how to tie up his tie?" Harry heard Theodore Nott laugh as he walked past, making his group consisting of Pansy, Blaise, and Draco, laugh.

Harry really wasn't in the mood today so he just ignored it. He was heading to the library because he had a free block and decided he was going to try and translate the poems. Yes, he keeps all the letters and even brought some to Hogwarts with him in his special box full of his favourite precious items.

The first book he found when he got to the library was a french to english one. He translated each word of the most recent poem that he got, but it didn't really make sense. Next he tried a Spanish to english book. That didn't make sense either. Dutch to english? German to english? Russian to english? Greek to english? The last one he tried for the day was Latin to english.

the art of love

can be defined as

a fantasy that either

ends successfully

or

tragically

The poem translated to that. It made more sense now, finally. Harry couldn't help but read the poem over and over again. Each word and it's meaning, sinking into him like a drop of love every time.

He then got onto thinking whether the name that the sender goes by is a Latin translation of their name. He flipped to the section in the book marked 'D' and ran his finger down the old tattered parchment. He stopped when his finger got to the word 'Dragon' in the english column, dragging his finger across the parchment to the left, he stopped at the Latin word.

'Draco'

The best part is, Harry didn't even mind, he actually felt his insides go light and soft as he realised who the letters were from.

*****

Years later, Harry is sitting in his living room on the floor, surrounded by boxes. He had just moved into a new house and found the box that holds his collections of the anonymous letters. He slimes fondly at one of them as he reads it for the hundredth time. Even at 21 years old, he feels as if he only just got the letter this morning, remembering the seeing the beautiful black owl at his window each morning.

He looked up from all his letters when he heard someone come into the living room. Smiling at the beautiful person before him.

"I just finished building Teddy's bed, now all we have to do is the wardrobe," The person said, their sleeves rolled up to their forearms and their hair wavy and messy, reaching below their ears as it hung loosely, their face covered in white paint streaks.

"Thank you," Harry said, getting up and going towards them.

"Love you, my Dragon," Harry smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Love you too, chosen one," Draco said, kissing Harry, his husband, on the lips this time before they went to build the wardrobe, the muggle way because it's fun.

------------------------------------------

This idea was inspired by @LuluAndKhulu 

I hope I did the idea justice, I can change it up if you want but I think it's pretty cute. I hope you have an amazing day/night/morning/afternoon, and don't forget to smile!! :)

<3