14.Off into the sunset?

Camille's POV

"I don't give a fuck! Tory lanez did not shoot Megan. It's just one more black man in the industry they are trying to take down. It's modern day lynching." My brother yelled at my cousin Natalie and she jumped up in his face.

"USE YOUR FUCKING COMMON SENSE! How else did she get shot if it wasn't him?? Why would the cops show up to reports of gun fire if she wasn't shot."

They've been debating all night over Tory lanez and Megan the stallion while the rest of us completed the family thanksgiving tradition of decorating the Christmas tree.

Gabriel is sitting on the floor next to me helping untangle Christmas lights and laughing at my psychotic family.
I never imagined that he could be so...domestic but tonight he's really shown off a different side of himself.

These last few hours with have been perfect. He fit right in with everyone and they seemed to welcome him with open arms.

The only person who hasn't is my father, he's skeptical of Gabe but he's skeptical of everyone. Especially anyone dating me or my sister.

"I'm sorry their so loud, if you want to leave you can." I looked up and he smiled and then leaned over to kiss my forehead.

"I'm good, I'm used to it. My family's the same way." He told me and went back to what he was doing.

"Why didn't you go see them?"

"Too much heat." Was all that he said but I could tell it bothered him more than he let on.

"You know what we both need?" I leaned in close to his ear and asked him.

"What?"

"A vacation." I smiled and sat back to study his face.

I've been thinking about finally telling Gabriel I'm pregnant but I want to do it far away from all the distractions.

After our talk in the bathroom it made me realize we both are going through a lot and maybe if we can relax and get away we can come back and deal with everything.

"A vacation actually sounds fire right now." He said thinking about it and nodding his head.
"Where you wanna go?"

"Anywhere...it doesn't have to be far. I just wanna get away and clear our minds. I think we both could use it."

He looked intently at the tangled lights but the wheels in his mind were moving.
"Fuck it. Let's go."

I bit my lip excitedly and kissed his cheek.
"When do you want to leave? I have mid terms but after that I have two weeks off."

"We're leaving tonight. Ima get the jet fueled and take you somewhere warm."

I blinked my eyes in shock.
I wasn't expecting him to say tonight but I have no reason that I can't. I just have to be back before classes resume Tuesday.

Studying for mid terms in the sun just might be good for my brain cells.
"Should I pack now?"

"Yea I'll finish doing this cause I promised your mom I would but once your done you can drop me at my car and I'll meet you at your place in the city."

I thought it was cute he was determined to finish untangling the lights but I immediately stood up and threw them things down.

"Fuck those lights. I'm going on vacation bay-beee." I said to myself as I left Gabriel in my parents living room surrounded by the chaos.