39. Relieved

Small but kind of big plot twist.
Let me know if you saw it coming...if you go back and read from earlier chapters there are so many clues.

Anyway, I guess we're back outside huh? Writers are writing less and readers are reading less but I'm determined to finish my books.

Hopefully they will make good pool reads.
Stay safe and enjoy 💛 sorry for any mistakes.

A few days later...
Gabriel's POV

"Congratulations mom and dad, baby Jameer is beautiful

"Congratulations mom and dad, baby Jameer is beautiful." The hospital Pediatrician told us happily after she finished doing his check up.

I flashed her a quick smile and then looked back down at him.

This kid definitely ain't mine...
I'm still gonna get a DNA test but I know he's not my seed.

This baby looks mixed and me and his mother are both black, so it's not adding up.

I know it's still early and his features ain't really set in yet but my genes is too strong for this kid to come out looking nothing like me.

He's a good looking kid, he's just not my kid.

Joyce finally gave birth yesterday and I knew the minute I saw him he wasn't my son.

I spent some time with him and decided to come back today to see if I was wrong but now I'm certain.

"Where are you going? I thought you wanted to spend time with us?" Her delusional ass said to me once I stood up and put little man back in his hospital crib.

I wrapped him up like the nurses had him before I came in and then looked at her with a mug on my face.

"Only reason Im not gon snap your fucking neck is because you got a kid now but we both know he's not mine. Ima get the test done today so we don't have to guess but then your gonna figure out how to pay me back the money I gave your stupid ass." I stood over her and clenched my jaw in anger.

This bitch has me fucked up. I don't understand what she thought was about to happen when I realized her baby wasn't mine but Ima make sure she regrets trying to pin him on me.

"Please don't leave! I really didn't know who the father was but I was hoping it was you. I didn't want to struggle taking care of him by myself. I need help..." She pleaded.

"Fuck outta here. You need mental fucking help, that's what you need.
I probably would've let you slide if you were honest from the jump but you tried to play me.
I don't have no sympathy for you.
Only person I feel bad for is that kid cause he got stuck with a lunatic ass mother." I told her and walked to the door right as her mom was coming in. "Ima give you 6 weeks to pay your shit back, if I don't get it by then, your mom will have to raise him."