5 | The Heartbreaker Queen

Simran :

He left me all alone in the room soon after. I somehow found the first aid box and put a bandage around my wrist.
My tears didn't stop, they flowed down like an incessant river.

I went into the washroom and washed my face. My whole makeup was smudged. I looked at myself, defeated.
The pain on my left wrist was not as much as my aching heart.

I had lost everything.. For the world I was the luckiest woman, but I was a loser.
I finally broke down, crying.

Why me?! What had I done?

I had lost the track of time, I cried till I felt better.

And then I looked up at the mirror, my smudged make up and mascara could not hide the pain in my eyes which were swollen now.

"Mister Suryavanshi, I will break your pride. You will pay.."

....

Vikrant :

I drew in a deep puff of the cigar.

"Ha! Really? A problem with touch?! Stop this joke dude!", the girl of fifteen said laughing with her girl gang.
"Simi, don't be this insensitive. Might be-", her friend tried to say.
"Impossible.. Come on! He's just lying because he doesn't want to dance with me. It's okay. I have better options.", Simran said.

"She's right guys! That Richie Rich is just lying and pretending like he's some God.", another guy agreed.
"Lets just boycott him. Idiot and retard.", Simran said grinning.

A nineteen year old me was standing right there, a little afar. I could see and hear everything.

"Simi.. You're being too harsh.", her friend tried to explain.
"I'm being practical. If I sound negative then I do. I am like this. No guy has a problem with touch here, but it is him. The sympathy gainer.", she replied.

Something broke within me.

Maybe my heart.

I took another puff of cigar.

That incident had had an impact on my life because after her insulting my trauma, everyone else did it too.

I loved dance but I had to leave that dancing centre because everyone thought I was a snobbish richie who only wants sympathy and pretends to be superior.

A false narrative, issued by the one and only Simran Ahluwalia.

She had never met me, nor did she know my proper name, but she had gone ahead to degrade me in every possible way she could.

Now, was my turn to torture her mentally.

And I would not step back, or regret.

.

I was sleeping peacefully when suddenly I sat up - thanks to loud blaring music.

Aafaton ke parinde, ishaqzaade
Dil udaa denge phurr.. se, ishaqzaade
Ishq ko aazmaane ishaqzaade
Phadphadate hain phir se ishaqzaade

My heart paced insanely as I slowly caught my breath.
"The heck!", I said as I immediately got off my bed.
I wore my morning gown and walked out of my room.

"Rizwan!", I shouted only to find the loudspeaker - believe me - a loudspeaker in front of my room.

But thankfully it was off.
The music was playing from the room beside mine, where Simran was staying.

Halaalon mein, haraamo mein
Jo milte thhe, hazaaro mein
Ishaqzaade, ishaqzaade kahaan hai ab jahaanon mein
Ishaqzaade... i.shaq.shaq.zaade... ishaqzaade...

She walked out of the room smiling. Her eyes were slightly swollen due to crying, most probably.
"Enjoying?", she asked walked down to me. I turned towards her, tension my face muscles.
"Imagine.. The sound of a home theater woke you up from your sleep, what if I play this loudspeaker?", she asked, smiling sarcastically looking straight into my eyes.

My lips broke into a sarcastic smile like hers as I said, "So you've finally read the rules book.. To break them."

"Absolutely."

"Stop this now.", I said smiling just the way she was doing.

"I will not.", she replied simply.

Our faces stood inches apart with our hands behind us.
"My order is firm.", I stated.
"My decision is firm too.", she replied.

"Your decision must change."

"So should your order.", she replied.

Sitaaron mein, taaranon mein
Jo milte thhe, faasanon mein
Ishaqzaade, ishaqzaade kahaan hai ab jahaanon mein

"You are calling for an open battle, Miss Simran.", I stated.

"Let the war begin, Mister Suryavanshi.", she replied.

Na zameen na falak ke, ishqzaade
Khush-khudi ke jahaan mein, ishqzaade

The smile on our faces stood where they did.

She wanted an open battle, who was I to stop?
If she thought she could defeat me with her tactics it was my duty to show her that she was nothing - absolutely nothing.

The song ended.
I turned away and walked back to the door of my room.

I was about to open it when she said, "Suryavanshi, I am a Queen, and you will have to kneel."

I turned towards her, "We shall see, who kneels."

....

Waiting for your views!