21 | The Kiss

Vikrant :

It was almost ten minutes later that she came back.
I did not understand what had happened, but I could say that it was definitely serious.

Her eyes were red, the make up was slightly off, but I decided not to point it out. The waiter came after a few moments and we ordered food.
I didn't want to ask her anything, especially here, so we ate our food in peace.

After it was done we sat back in the car, heading back towards home.
I observed her only to see her looking out of the window, pointlessly, immersed in some thought that was hurting her, as she continuously blinked off her tears.

We were in her bedroom.
Somehow she hadn't pointed that out, as she stood before the dressing table opening her earrings. Also, she had not even cuddled her dogs and cat after she had returned, like she usually did after coming back from work.
She was absolutely lost.

I deemed it necessary to ask her now, that no one was around. It was late and everyone else was either watching Netflix or sleeping in their respective rooms.

"Simran.", I said as she shot out of her trance.
"Yeah.. Yes.", she mumbled.
"Is everything okay?", I asked softly as she looked at me through the mirror.

It took her a moment and she mumbled, "Yes."
"You can tell me, Simran.", I said with a sigh, "I am not as evil you may assume."

"You are not evil. Just that I don't want to talk about it.", she said looking away.
"Is it about the King of who you had spoken that day at the marine drive?", I asked straight away.
She immediately turned and looked at me.

"You.. You remember?", she asked softly.
"Indeed.", I replied.
She gulped nervously, I walked up to her and placed my hands on her shoulder.
"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but talking about you pain definitely lowers it.", I said.

She looked up at me, her eyes welling up with tears again.
She placed her hands on my neck, holding me, "Promise me, you'll not tell this to anyone... You will not judge-", her voice broke as she looked down.

I smiled sadly, "If you knew my past, you'd know that I at least don't have the right to judge anyone.", I stated a fact.
She looked up at me.
"Will you accept me just a way I am?", she asked softly.

There was a silence, a piercing silence.
I could hear her trembling breathing.
"I accept you just the way you are.", I said.

And finally the dam of her tears broke as she hugged me tightly. I wrapped one arm around her waist and the other caressing her hair.

I rested my chin on her head, tears welled up in my eyes. The way she cried was painful to witness.

" Tell me.", I said in a numb voice.
"I-I was engaged to him.. I-I loved him-he loved me-but.. But then he..", she paused gasping for breath and continued, "He started mistrusting me. I told him so many times, but he thought I was cheating on him. I couldn't take it anymore.. So I finally broke up with him.. But.."

"But you kept loving him?", I asked her.
She nodded.

"Anything else?", I asked with my voice laden with concern, unable to understand her association with Manav now.

"I dated another man, Prithvi.. He was an absolute tragedy.. I was so emotionally unstable that I made a huge mistake by dating him.. Suyash messaged him in desperation to have me back a false story and he believed it.. Released it in the press..", her voice faltered.

"Then I met Manav. He's a good man, I knew. He trusted me, loved me. He was intelligent, smart.. Everything perfect..", and then she stopped.

With much regret I realised, "And I ruined it all for you."
I released her from my hug as she looked up at me.

"No, you didn't ruin anything.", she said wiping her tears.
Tears rolled down my eyes as my heart wrenched.
I ruined it all for her. She was just about to get the perfect life, and I totally ruined it.

"Of course I did.", I said, regret laden in my voice. My heart felt so heavy.

"I hurt you, tortured you, forced you into this marriage.. You were about to be happy for once.. And I.."

"No.. No.. You're getting it all wrong.", she tried to explain.
"Of course! Its again because of me! I can just hurt others! That's all I have done.. Be it Anisha, Rose!", I said reminiscing how I had hurt my ex girlfriends and here I had just ruined another life.

"No!", she shouted as I paused and looked at her.

She edged closer to me, placing her hand on my neck and slowly placing her lips on mine. And it took only moments before I was reciprocating. There was fiery passion as I deepened the kiss, I realised how much I had needed her.

We parted after a while panting. I looked at her through the blur of tears and sense of euphoria.
It was not over yet, as I placed my hand on her neck and pulled her into another passionate kiss.

....

Always told you that late updated are worth it !
Next chapter is going to be romantic.

Don't forget to drop in your views!