8 | Gifts And Perfume

Simran :

It was late evening and I had to take my pets out for a walk, but my cat seemed missing from the lot.

"Bagheera!", I called out as I was about to cross Vikrant's room.

I stopped and looked inside.

Mr. Sher Khan was sitting on the bed doing some paperwork and my cat, which looked a lot like Garfield with orange fur and dark brown striped was sitting on his shoulder and looking down at the paperwork attentively.

"You know Bagheera these are the papers of Infex and Co. I took over this company when I went to London.", Vikrant said as Bagheera turned his head to look at Vikrant and then licked his cheek.
"Aww.. Thanks man.", Vikrant said.

"Simran what have you done to Bhai? He's so happy. I've never seen him this way.", this was Arshika was standing beside me looking at Vikrant in awe.

"I thought he hated pets.", I said.
"Vikrant bhai never hated them, he just had had a really bad experience so he's afraid. Honestly every single rule that he has made is thanks to his life's poor experiences.", Arshika said with a sigh.

I couldn't tear off my eyes from Sher Khan and Bagheera.
" If it is so then I think I'll continue breaking his rules. ", I said, only to realise that I had been smiling.

"To annoy him.", I said covering up, heading back to my room for taking my dogs on a walk.

...

I was back from the evening walk with my doggies or preferably my babies to find the CEO of my interior designing agency standing and talking to Sher Khan.

Rizwan and a few other servants took the dogs back to my room.

"Sir?", I asked softly as the CEO looked at me.

"Ma'am you never said your husband was Vikrant Suryavanshi.. If you had I would have personally given you a promotion.", the CEO said, he looked pale.

I eyed Vikrant who smiled as if nothing had happened.

"You don't need to give her a promotion anymore Satya. She may give you if she wants.", Vikrant said with a smile.

"What?", I asked totally confused.

"I'll explain it to you later, Simran. And Mister Satya you may leave now.", he said as Satya nodded and gave Vikrant a hateful look before leaving.

"What have you done?", I asked placing my hands on my waist.
"Don't look at me that way. Go and sleep now tomorrow is gonna be a big day."

"Why?"

"Because Vikrant. Suryavanshi is very generous with gifts.", he said and walked back to his room.

"This man is beyond my understanding.", I said with a sigh.

...

Next morning I was woken up by a sharp knock at the door.
I immediately opened the door while rubbing my eyes.

"Ma'am sir has sent this for you with a letter.", the servant said handing my formal garments with a sheet of folded paper.

I kept them on the bed and opened the folded paper.

"Dear Simran,
Your understanding of your work impressed me immensely. Anyone who's ever done anything for me has not gone without a gift. Your gift is ready, wear the formal dress and come downstairs. I'm waiting.

With regards,
Vikrant Suryavanshi (signed) "

I looked at the formal garments and then back at the letter.

" Wow what a good man. ", the words came out automatically.

" He is a good man, Simi!" Arshika said walking into my room.
"Ya..maybe.", I said totally embarrassed.

"Now don't be embarrassed. Get ready fast and go down, you'll love his gift!", Arshika said with a wink.
"What is it?", I asked excited.
"You'll know, now fast!", she said as I nodded and went in the bathroom to freshen up.

Just then I noticed the bandage on my wrist.

I paused.

"And don't forget you use your perfume! He likes it!", Arshika said walking out of the room.

I drew in a sharp breath and went in.

...

After almost half an hour I was ready in the white suit with black trousers and red lipstick, looking perfectly hot and beautiful at the same time. My hair was tied in a neat pony tail.

I went downstairs to find him doing something on his phone, sitting on the sofa, most probably reading mails with Bagheera sitting on his shoulder, like always, and shockingly my dog Shakti was also sitting beside him.

"Ahem.", I said as he looked up.

"Ah.. So you are ready!", he said standing up as Bagheera jumped off from his shoulder onto the sofa.

He walked down to me, while slipping his phone into his picked and stood before me.

Suddenly he placed his hands on my shirts collar, pressing it.

"Madam no one ever told you that your collar should never be crumbled.", his voice was soft, laden with concern.

My heart skipped a beat as he carefully made my collar look perfect. He was so close, still the proximity did not make me uncomfortable for a second.

He looked at me and caught me staring at him.

I immediately looked away, blushing deep red.
"Erm.. Arshika said you liked my perfume.", I said totally irrelevantly.

He looked at me strangely.
I could tell even his heart had just skipped a beat.

"I-yes.. I do like it.", he said fumbling slightly as he immediately moved away.

"So.. What is my gift, Sher Khan?", I asked trying to sound absolutely normal, while my heart was still beating wildly.

"You are now the CEO of Beauty Walls.", he said as I stared at him half shocked, half pleased.

"But I—"

"No. I'm not hearing a word now. Come on.", he said finally teasing away his eyes from me.

...

Somethings are so unsaid..