32 | the palace of secrets

A WEEK LATER

PALACE OF RAJKOT

"Vikrant Suryavanshi.", the words were uttered by the Manager of the Suryavanshi Royal Estates in Rajkot.  Vikrant was released from the prison after Simran's statement, and was finally back to his origins, to address the elephant in the room - his obnoxious brother. He was back in his clean shaven prince charming look, his hair was cut short and his face glowed. Simran had accompanied him along with Manav and Arshika who had managed Simran's business all these days. Also, Manav had given up on Simran and decided to finally move on with Arshika.

Vikrant wore a cream sherwani while Simran was in a salwar suit owing to the traditional setup of the place they were in. 

"Go on, Mehrab.", Vikrant said. "Your father would like to have a talk to you.", Mehrab replied eyeing Simran suspiciously. "She is my wife. And those two are trusted, one is as you know my cousin."

"Sure, Rajan.", Mehrab said as he moved aside. "Mehrab take Arshika and Manav to the hallroom and serve them some tea. Simran come along with me.", Vikrant said in his authoritative voice. Simran nodded and followed him through the large palace corridors. "You are an actual king?", Simran asked looking around in awe. There were swords that hung on the wall, fire lamps stood at the corners as pillars to support the ceiling stood at the corners. The Palace seemed to hold secrets of ages.

Simran named it the palace of secrets in her mind.

"You can say that.. Father wanted to be independent so he started the Suryavanshi Enterprises. We have huge estates here as inheritance. By norms, I should be the ruler here - and all of this should belong to me being the elder son but I chose our business, which was in a bad state that time.", Vikrant said as Simran drew in a deep breath.

"So it is a fight for property?", she asked. Vikrant drew in a sharp breath as nodded. "Never thought I would have to do this.", he said with a sigh as they stepped into his father's room. 

"Arrey Vikrant beta!", a tall man with a beard and narrow shrewd eyes hugged Vikrant the moment he entered. Simran looked at him suspiciously. Vikrant was visibly uncomfortable in the hug as he immediately moved away. "Good morning, mama ji.", Vikrant said with a forced smile. "Ah and is that your wife?", Mama ji (maternal uncle) asked looking at Simran.  "Yes.", Vikrant said nodding at Simran, asking her to walk down to her. 

"This is my Mamaji-"

"Dushyant Mahajan.", the man replied with a smile, something about him seemed wrong but Simran forced a smile. "Your wife doesn't like me it seems.", Dushyant said looking at Vikrant as replied instantly, "Mamaji I don't trust people easily, you see.. But don't worry, with time I will find out your truth.", Simran said.

"Simran.. what are you saying? He is my uncle.", Vikrant said instantly.

"I am not placing allegations, Vikrant. I am saying I will realise how good Dushyant Mamaji is.", Simran said with a forced smile.

Dushyant drew in a deep breath and nodded, "Surely."

"If you are done Dushyant I need to talk to my son.", this was Vikrant's father. He was a man who was heavily built till date, the age lines were on his face but that did not reduce the glow in his dark eyes. His voice was heavy, and spoke of an able leader.

"Good morning, Father.", Vikrant said as his father looked at him from tip to toe. "I remember you had said that you will never come here.", he said.

"Oh, my darling brother is here to meet me, isn't it?", Vikram said walking into the room. "Sure.", Vikrant said sarcastically turning towards his brother. "What has happened now?", Vikrant's father asked looking extremely stressed already.

Simran looked at Vikram properly without the hate bias she had. He was a handsome man, like Vikrant. His smile was charming. He too was clean shaven and had a well built body. He was followed into the room by a woman in a saree with a long veil over her face.  "Who is this?", Vikrant asked indicating towards the woman.

"My wife.", Vikram replied.

"And you were going to marry Simran?", Vikrant said in gritted tone.

"Oh yes, I guess kings can-" Vikrant pulled Vikram by the collar of his sherwani and pinned him to the pillar on the side.

"How dare you!", he shouted. "Vikrant! What is this behaviour?", His father shouted. 

"Vikrant, leave the collar.", Vikram said as Vikrant released him and took at step back taking in a deep breath.

"You know what Vikrant? I want to destroy you in a way that you can't even believe!", saying so Vikram stormed out of the room. Vikrant drew in a deep breath, trying to control is temper. "I am heading to my room.", saying so he stormed out. 

His father looked away.

Simran stood in the room alone with him. 

"My family is destroyed..", the man said in a tone of regret, "How I wish you were alive Meera..", he said.

"What had happened to your wife?", Simran asked softly. "I told everyone she left me and went away.", he said.

"Tell me the truth, maybe I will be able to help.", Simran said softly. The man turned towards her with numb, tired eyes. "I-I..", his voice died out as regret caught him, Simran walked down to him and placed her hands on her shoulder. "Tell me, father. What is it?", she asked.

"I killed her.. it was a mistake.. it was a mistake..", and the man broke down.

.........

old wounds are going to be unveiled

a threat is rising

a civil war is approaching as an old enemy reveals a plot.. and there is only one woman who can change the demise of the Suryavanshis - will Vikrant survive the plot? 

stay tuned!