25 | Her Innocence And His Contract

Simran :

There was an amazing feeling coursing through both of us. I knew he felt it too, but we would easily deny it. 

The music played in the background as I automatically edged closer.

"Kaash tu mere haq mei hota.. ban ke yakeen shak mei hota.."

There was a sharp pain in his eyes, as if they wanted to say so much but didn't know how to convey. 

"Why do you keep hiding it?", I asked, almost involuntarily.

"I am scared..", he mumbled. We were slowly zoning out in the darkness ad soft disco lights.

"Khaabon se zyada.. aansuon se dosti kar baithe.."

Just then someone pushed him from behind, I believe and he turned. "What do you think you are doing?", obviously his mood was not exactly good, so.

"Vikrant..", I said holding on to him as the other guy replied angrily.

"Mind your tongue!" Vikrant shot back, "Vikrant.. now don't na.." I begged hugging him as he said, "I will be back in a while. You enjoy.", saying so he walked down to the rest room behind a glass door.

I sighed.

Him and his temper issues.

......

Vikrant :

I was annoyed. Yeah I had my personal reasons too, but how dare that guy.

The song outside changed to "Bheege hont tere..pyaasa dil mera.." 

And then I noticed.

Behind the glass door, there was someone, I walked down to it to find Simran with a smile, dancing to the tunes.. And my cranky mood changed within milliseconds.

"Bheege hont tere.. pyaasa dil mera.. lage abra sa..mujhe tan tera.."

There was only this glass door between us, as I adorned her from this side. 

"Jamke barsa de..muhpar ghataye.. Tu hi meri pyaas.. tu hi mera jaan.."

 She moved a step or too back as I opened the door and walked out. 

"Hmm.. so Simran Ahluwalia? Was it love?", I said with a mischievous smile as she smiled, blushing deeply.

"Why? Your mood was off.. so..", she said, trying to cover it up, but nope. I knew it now. There was this feeling in both of us. It wasn't one sided.

"Hmm.. sympathy it was? You were feeling pity on me..?", I asked smiling back, blushing slightly.

"No..", she mumbled. "Huh?", I asked purposely, pretending like I didn't hear.

"Yes it was!", she immediately said.

"It was sympathy?"

"Yes!", she said blushing a bright red and turning away, but of course, now there was no point hiding.

"Fine, now won't you dance with me?", I asked with a smile as I placed my hand before her. She turned, looked at my hand for a moment and then at me. I nodded encouragingly as she finally took my hand.

I pulled her towards myself as she  bumped onto me. "Woman you are so gorgeous..", I said truthfully. "I am no comparison to you.", I completed.

She punched me softly on the chest, "Nonsense. You are the most handsome man in my life, Sher Khan. Know that always."

I smiled back at her. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly. I desperately wanted to hold on to her.. I knew I was in love, I knew she knew it too. It was unsaid but we knew.

We danced that night, in our own world, detached from the fast paced heartless world. There was our own world we had built, lost in each other. How I wished it could last forever.

How I wished.

....

It was around three in the morning when we reached home. The car stopped at the doorstep of my mansion, Simran was sitting beside me on the backseat, she had fallen asleep. There was this sweet innocence on her face as she slept, I smiled and got off the car. I opened the door on her side and carefully lifted her in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck in her sleep.

"Sher Khan..", she mumbled, asleep as I carefully carried her to her bedroom. I entered to find her darling pets Shakti and Bagheera waiting for her. Obviously she had not been meeting them for a while, thanks to me. They realised the gravity of the situation and resorted to complete silence as I lay her on the bed.

Just then I felt something pulling my denim. I looked down to find Shakti, her precious and photogenic dog. I picked the dog up and placed it beside it's "momma". She curled up and slept peacefully. Meanwhile Bagheera just sat there in the corner giving my looks.

Cats and their tandrums.

I picked him up and was about to leave when I looked at Simran. There was a weird peace on her face, I went back and sat on the sofa opposite to her bed. 

"What do you think Bagheera? You mumma will appreciate my presence here?", I asked the cat in a whisper. It just gave me a 'as if I know' looks and turned away. I sighed. The sofa was a three seater, so I lay down on it, although it was slightly small for me, I was fine as I turned to a side, at least I could see Simran sleeping. Bagheera climbed up on the top of the sofa and curled up. 

I drew in a breath of relief. Her straight hair fell on her face slightly, as the moonlight poured into the room, lighting it in a silvery hue.

I noticed that just like me, she too had several tattoos. One on her right wrist, something spiritual I assumed and then there was this peacock feather on her left hand. I smiled, she was not much different after all.

I shut my eyes and fell asleep, for the first time in years, with a smile.

.......

Simran :

I slowly opened my eyes as sunlight poured into the room. Vikrant lay on the sofa, there was an interesting smile on his face. A beautiful smile. I sat up yawning, when I noticed Shakti sleeping behind me. 

Wow. This was magic. How did I wake up early?

Nevermind.

Bagheera was awake, and brushed his face with my foot. "Aww.. hello..", I whispered picking it up and cuddling it. Then I let him down as I decided to finally check my phone. 

I opened it and the first message I saw was, "Simran Di! Did Vikrant bhai tell you he has a one year contract with Manav about being with you..."

......

What do you think Simran will do?

Will she choose to be angry and annoyed with him, or acknowledge his decision?

Stay tuned!