30| A Secret Revealed!

Vikrant :

We were given a room in the ground floor of the Srivastava House itself because Mr. Srivastava really liked me and Raju. 

Next morning I was woken up by a glass of water on my face. I immediately sat up, gasping for breath.

"Look at your hero Meenal!", this was Simran who was laughing and giggling.

"HOW DARE YOU!", I shouted at her, although I personally didn't like screaming at her but obviously that's no sane way of waking anyone up.

I immediately got off the bed and stood opposite to her, wiping off the water from my face with my hand. She looked slightly shocked, she had not expected it. "How dare you throw water on me?", I asked softly, I knew I sounded dangerous but she looked straight into my eyes - far from being scared.

"How dare you shout at me?", she asked softly, her gaze unwavered.

"You threw a glass of water on my face.", I replied taking a step towards her.

"Be happy that it was water and nothing else.", she said and then her lips curved into an evil smile. I drew in a deep breath, she turned away to leave. "Say sorry.", I said in gritted teeth, my temper was on cloud nine. She turned towards me and smiled sarcastically, "Never.", and walked away.

I was totally enraged and without a second thought, I filled the glass near my bed with water and walked out behind her. She was now in the kitchen, I carefully placed my hand behind me and walked down to her.

"Aww.. how cruel of me to do what I did, isn't it?", she said teasingly as she turned towards me. Meenal was standing behind her, looking at me in confusion. I was smiling back at her and in a split second I brought my hand out from behind and splashed the water on her face.

"Oh God..", Meenal mumbled in shock as I gave my classic evil grin. Simran slowly opened her eyes, as she wiped her face with her hand.

"You villian!", she shouted.

"What happened Radhika beta?", this was Mr. Srivastava.

"This man splashed water on my face!", she shouted, looking at me angrily. "What? Why Krishna?", This is Raju.

"She splashed it on my face first!", I shot back. "Yes, Radha did it first. Krishna just reacted.", Meenal added.

"Meenu you are siding with him?", Simran asked continuously giving me a death glare.

"No, Radhika you shouldn't have started this.", Mr. Srivastava said.

"Everyone will side with this villian! Huh! Gabbar!", she shouted. "Am I a villian or..", I paused, paling a tone or two, "How do you know..", I said softly."How I know what?", she asked irritably."How do you know that my nickname is Gabbar?", I asked softly. Her expression softened, her anguished face suddenly broke into an amused smile. "Your father named you after the most celebrated villians of all times?", this was Raju. 

Shouldn't have said that.. what an idiot!

I nodded slowly. "Why not Sudama?", Simran said referring to Raju, "Who knows a son better than his father?", she said as she broke into hysterical laughter as if it was a collosal joke. "Yeah yeah.. fine. Now stop laughing.", I said irritably. "Gabbu...", she said teasing me. "What! No! Don't you dare-",I said immediately. "Gabbu!", she shouted this time. "Oh no! Stop it!", I said annoyed.

"Wait, I will tell the whole neighbourhood!", she said immediately jogging out of the kitchen, I followed her, she jogged out of the house almost pleading "No listen.. don't do that.. please..", I said as I caught hold of her wrist and pulled her towards myself, she bumped onto me. We were on the narrow road in front of her house. 

"Look, please don't-", before I could complete she pulled me towards the other side of the road and forced me to stand against a thick banyan tree. My back on the tree, and she before me, looking quietly at the road behind.

"What are you-"

"Shut up.", she said silencing me. I noticed that I was still holding her hand, and remembered the slap, so I released it immediately. She noticed it, and much to my shock, held my hand, entwining her fingers with mine.

"What-"

"Just listen to the conversation.", she said softly, when I realised there was probably someone before the Srivastava house talking.

"Where is your daughter then? Why is she not here?", a very known voice asked, I just could not remember whose it was, but I knew it was of a close acquaintance. "She just went out, she is somewhere close by..", Srivastava said softly, as if he was afraid.

"Tell her she is Vikram Suryavanshi's fiancee, she can't be roaming around just like that."

The name sent a cold chill down my spine. I instantly remembered whose voice it was. This was my younger brother, the other heir to the Suryavanshi Empire and the royal palace in Rajkot.

Simran looked at me, as I gulped nervously.

"So now I am stuck between two brothers, extremely entertaining.", she said with a sarcastic smile.

......

So here we are! A lot of questons.. Simran remembers it all.. but she's acting.. Why? And what was Vikram doing? 

Are we heading to some deep family secrets and a love triangle? - not sure yet.. stay tuned!