27| A Lost Princess

1 YEAR LATER 

Tihar Jail, New Delhi.

"Whose photograph do you keep looking at?", the new prisoner, Raju, asked the other man, sitting at the corner. Raju was here only for two days and his inmate in the prison was a weird man, he could say that the man had once  been extremely handsome but his good looks were now behind the veil of his beard, dark circles and dust. 

"My wife.", the man replied softly.

"Babu sahab, have some food.", the constable said passing food into the prison.  It was well cooked chapattis and chicken curry.

"Who sent it?", the man asked looking up.

"Commissioner saheb did.", the constable replied.

"Ahluwalia? Wow brother! He sends food for you!", Ravi said as the constable gave him a look at walked away.

"Ahluwalia is my father in law."

Ravi looked at this man who ate hungrily properly. "You are the Tycoon Vikrant Suryavanshi? Simran Ahluwalia's husband?", he asked in a trembling voice.

The man looked up from his food.

He smiled, his charming smile.

"Yes.", he replied softly.

.....

Around two hours later.

Raju had been silently observing the once tycoon who now was done with eating and was lying back against the shabby prison wall looking up at the ceiling aimlessly. He held the photograph in one hand. 

It was his photograph with a woman, both dressed as bride and groom. Raju guessed it to be their wedding picture.

After Simran had walked out of the office cabin, she had immediately gone home and then had left for a place no one had any idea about. She was currently missing. Meanwhile her toxic ex, Suyyash had managed to get Vikrant arrested on the false accusation that he had physically tortured Simran so much so that she had attempted self harm and her mental state was disturbed. Suyyash had the support of general public, because anyways Vikrant was not a public favourite thanks to his cold and reserved nature.

After three months the police had finally arrested him and pushed him behind the bars, helpless due to the government orders, Vikrant could have used him power but he preferred not to. The only person who could save him was Simran, who was now missing.

Many people said that she was dead.

"Rajesh, leave.", this was the gruff male voice of the Commissioner of Police, Kushal Ahluwalia. He was followed by Inspector Vishal Ahluwalia. Rajesh, the constable immediately left.

Kushal Ahluwalia was a handsome man, although he was aging but his aura spoke of power and leadership. Vishal too much like his father had a strongly built physique. He was Simran's elder brother.

Raju sat up with a start as he looked at the two officers.

"Vikrant.", Vishal said.

"Did you find your little sister?", Vikrant asked with a sigh, knowing the answer somewhere. "No.", his father in law replied, a tone of disappointment hung.

"Why don't you get out of her on bail? Only Mahadev knows where Simran is and here you are sitting in this dark cell ruining days of your life!", Vishal said annoyed.

"Oh Vishal.. If I go out on bail the world will say I did so because I have power and money, questions will be asked on the Commissioner's integrity, on your integrity and on the government and judiciary. I can't let that happen.", Vikrant replied tiredly.

"Vikrant you are suffering, it is quite understandable.", Kushal said.

"I am fine, father. I will wait for her.", Vikrant replied, his eyes welled up with tears.

"No. You have had enough. Now it is time for you to come out and find Simran yourself.", Vishal said, Vikrant stood up and walked down to the railings of the cell.

"Not on bail.", He replied immediately.

Vishal unlocked the cell.

"The CCTV here are fused, both of you get out of here. I spoke to Manav, who is now managing Simran's Company, he has hinted towards Kedarnath.", Vishal said. Vikrant looked at Kushal who nodded.

"Find my daughter, find your wife.. before it's too late..", Kushal said, his voice breaking. "It's been a year since she spoke to me.. we don't even know if she.. she.. is alive-"

"She is alive! Nothing can happen to Simran.", Vikrant said immediately.

"Find her Vikrant, the police is trying but Simran will be alert if she doesn't want to be found, my sister's no fool. Only you can find her and convince her to return.. and take this Raju also. He is from Kedarnath.", Vishal said. 

Vikrant looked at Vishal, who was trying to stand strong. Kushal was crumbling slowly but surely. He drew in a deep breath. "Fine, if you recommend it, I will do the needful.", he replied finally.

Vikrant walked out of the jail followed closely by Raju who was absolutely unsure about what was happening. Vishal handed him a folder. This has your fake IDs, your new name is Krishna Yadav-"

"Creative.", Vikrant commented.

"Thank you. Also, your train tickets are in this, Raju yours too. Your name is Sudama, by the way. A car is waiting outside, sit on it and reach the railway station. You will have no issues, we have sorted everything.", Vishal said as Vikrant nodded.

"Just hoping that your sister's name is not Radha.", Vikrant said as Vishal gave an unimpressed look, "Anyways, I hope you have given me a shaving kit."

"Sure, kindly shave and start looking better when you reach there. Everything is in the car.", Vishal said as Vikrant nodded.

"So bye bye.", Vikrant said finally as he put the photograph he had inside the folder.

"You are our last hope, son. Find my princess.. find my daughter.. please.", Kushal said, he seemed to age with the stress.

"I will, father. Note that down somewhere.", Vikrant replied with a smile as turned to leave.

"I just hope everything goes smoothly.", Vishal said with a sigh.

.....

So where is Simran? Will Vikrant be able to find her... before it's too late? What awaits #ViRan?

Stay tuned!