11

Morning rolls around and I wake up to the smell of food cooking. I look at my Apple watch as I am putting it on and see it's 7:13. I get up and go downstairs to the kitchen and see Lauren at the stove cooking and a man sitting at the island drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. I assume that is Mike even though I have not seen him in nearly ten years. I glance back over at Lauren and can't help but stare at her sexy ass and toned legs in those short pajama shorts she has on.

Breaking from my trance I start to turn the corner but stop as I hear Lauren say "I don't know why you do this Mike. You have a family here at home." He stands up and says "well I have to work, I can't let it go and you know that. Maybe we should have already had a baby so you would have something to occupy yourself." What the hell, why would he say that. I want to walk on in but I don't want to interrupt them either. Yes, I know by standing here eavesdropping I'm being nosy.

Lauren sighs "it's not about having a baby, you know my stance on that..." He cuts her off "yes I know, fix my relationship with my daughter first, blah, blah, blah." Lauren looks at him "she lost her mother Mike. You are the only parent she has left and even if her mother was still alive you still need to mend the relationship. That is something that should have been done before now and honestly should have never got to this point."

I decide to walk into the kitchen and as soon as I come into Mike's view he says "good morning Kyler, sorry I could not make it to pick you up yesterday but things came up that I had to deal with." I just nod and decide to fix me a cup of coffee. I don't really know what to say to him so I decide it is best for me to stay quiet. As I sit down to drink my coffee, Lauren sits a plate of breakfast in front of me and smiles. "Good morning Kyler," she says. I smile at her "good morning Lauren." Mike glares at me then turns to look at Lauren.

Mike takes a bite of his food after Lauren sets his plate in front of him. About the time Lauren sits down to eat hers, he tells her he has to head into work early but will be home by 6 this afternoon. She just sighs and shakes her head. After nearly forcefully kissing her on the lips he looks at me, "we have some catching up to do over dinner tonight." I hate seeing him kiss her and I feel a bit of jealousy by the action. I want it to be me kissing her not him even though she is his wife.

I think maybe this is just as weird for him as it is for me. It wouldn't be too weird if he would have made an effort to be part of my life before now. Or maybe he thought I would welcome him with open arms and act as if nothing ever happened. That definitely is not happening especially since he broke my family by cheating on mom. Plus his second marriage failed because of the same thing.

He obviously has a problem with being faithful which makes me wonder if he has cheated on Lauren. I wonder if she knows why his last two marriages didn't last. She doesn't seem like the type to be with a cheater and she sure doesn't deserve to be cheated on.

As Lauren and I each finish our breakfast, we sit in silence for a few minutes. I look up at her as she is taking the last bite of her pancakes and I just can't look away. Watching her soft, plump lips wrap around the fork sends a shiver down my spine and a rush of heat between my legs. I wish I was that fork.

Lauren looks at me while putting her fork down and says, "Go get ready and I will take you shopping for school supplies and clothes as soon as I clean the kitchen up and... stop staring." I clear my throat "Sorry... you're just so beautiful. How about you go get ready and I will clean the kitchen up? You cooked so I will clean." Lauren smiles at me and shakes her head, "thank you and you don't have to always do this." I just look at her with a 'don't fight me on this' look.

She realizes it is no use to argue with me over this so she leaves the kitchen and lightly squeezes my arm and kisses the top of my head when passing by me. She heads upstairs to get ready for our shopping trip.

I'm glad she didn't try to argue this time like last night. I put all the dishes in the dishwasher, turn it on and clean the table. I was raised to always clean up directly after each meal. If my mom cooked then I cleaned up. If I cooked she wanted to clean up. A lot of times even if I cooked I convinced her to let me clean up or we cleaned up together. Lauren has already done so much for me I feel like it's the least I can do for her. I don't want to make anybody uncomfortable with me living here now but I want to do my part since I live here too.

I know I've only been here for two days but I can tell Lauren does a lot so I want to help her as much as I can. I already see my dad is not around much. I wonder if that's why they haven't had kids together. Having enough of my wandering thoughts, I run upstairs to get a shower then get ready to go shopping. I don't want to make Lauren wait too long with me getting lost in my thoughts earlier so I rush to get ready. Once I am ready I go downstairs to see where Lauren is at. She is leaning against the island in the kitchen doing something on her phone. She is just so damn perfect.