108

Today is the fifth day I've been out of the hospital. It's great not being stuck in there but I have felt like a little kid with Lauren and Aunt Mary constantly watching over me. I know they are both worried about me but it's starting to drive me crazy and stress me out, along with the tension between the two of them.

   Speaking of being stressed out, planning a wedding is very stressful. Lauren and I called to check on booking our wedding and they only had an opening next Saturday at 6 p.m. That was perfect though because we will get married on the beach at sunset. Plus we had to decide on colors, flowers, cake, her dress and a dress or a suit for me.

   Lauren has been so excited and has taken care of booking a bakery for the wedding cake and we have to go for cake tasting around lunch today. We decided on roses for the flowers and a champagne and rustic navy color scheme.

   While discussing flowers and colors for the wedding, I found out that Lauren didn't get to plan her wedding to Mike. His mom, aka my grandmother, done everything and she had no say in any of it. She said it was so over the top and just ridiculous and it pissed her because she didn't even get to pick her dress. I'm happy for Lauren to mostly plan our impromptu wedding. Of course I'm helping when needed but seeing her so happy and excited to do this means everything to me.

   Lauren invited our close family and friends to the wedding which includes her parents, sister, her Aunt Suzie, cousin Blakley, Kyle, Aunt Mary, Katie, Lila and even Mrs. Scott. She told Kyle and Lila if they couldn't afford the plane tickets that she would gladly pay just as long as they were here for me. Her grandparents wouldn't be able to make it due to illness plus they don't like flying either. My grandparents on my mom's side passed away a few years ago and I've never met my so-called dads parents. Well I probably did after I was born but it's not like I remember that.

   We both have our appointments for fittings this afternoon. Lauren made sure there was at least an hour gap between our fittings and that we were on opposite sides of the shop. She is actually at the airport now picking Julia up. She flew in early to help Lauren with her dress since she is her maid of honor. Katie is going with me to pick either a dress or suit and she is my maid of honor. We decided to keep it simple and just go with one maid of honor each. We had already picked the maid of honor dresses in a rustic navy color and they just have to verify the size.

   I apparently dosed off while Lauren was gone because I wake up to soft caresses on my face and I smile at Lauren's soft touch. I open my eyes and look at her "you are so damn beautiful." She smiles and rolls her eyes then leans down to kiss me. I glance at my watch and see it's 11:15 a.m. I sit up quickly because we have to be at the bakery at 11:45. "We've got to go babe so we can get to the bakery."

   Lauren laughs "I know honey, that's why I was in here waking you up. I dropped Julia off at her hotel then I will pick her up when we go for our fittings this afternoon. Are you riding with me and Katie meeting you there or is she coming to pick you up?" I just look at Lauren because I'm not sure. As we head downstairs and out the door, I text Katie and ask and she quickly replies. "She is picking me up and will bring me back." Lauren nods and grabs my hand as she starts driving to the bakery.

   After 30 minutes of tasting cakes, Lauren and I found the perfect flavor for our wedding. We absolutely loved the champagne and strawberries cake. For the design we choose a small three layer cake with champagne colored roses and a Mrs. and Mrs. rustic navy cake topper. After leaving the bakery, Lauren dropped me off at my aunts and she went to pick Julia up to go for her dress fitting.

   About 45 minutes later, Katie picks me up and we head to the bridal shop for my fitting. After an hour of me trying on numerous dresses and two suits, Lauren texts me. 'I found my perfect dress so Julia and I are leaving. We're heading back to Mary's to start discussing head wraps since we want both of those to match. Love you and see you when you get back.' After reading her message I quickly texted her back. 'I'm glad you found the perfect dress babe and I hope I have the same luck. Love you and see you soon.'

   Another hour and a half passed by and I finally found the perfect dress. As soon as I tried it on I knew it was the one. Katie even agreed that it was the perfect dress for me. Once everything for the dress was taken care of, Katie and I left and headed back to my aunts so we can finish discussing the head wraps.

   As soon as we pull up to Aunt Mary's, I see Julia sitting on the front porch. It confuses me that she's out here instead of inside with Lauren until I hear raised voices coming from inside the house. I start to go inside but Julia stops me "I wouldn't go in there just yet. Trust me, Lauren is really pissed so I would let them two try and work this out first."

   I shake my head but back away from the door to wait a few minutes and see how the apparent argument goes. I look at Julia "I'll wait just a few minutes. What happened anyway?"

   Julia sighs then explains. "Lauren and I were at the dining table looking over ideas for matching head wraps for the two of you while waiting on y'all to get back. Mary comes in and after a few minutes of staring at Lauren, she tells Lauren that it's ridiculous she is planning things for this wedding and acting as if she didn't nearly kill you."

   This pisses me off and I step to the door but stop when I hear Lauren sternly say "you better listen to what I'm about to say Mary and listen good. I know I let my past and my insecurities control me when I decided to leave. I broke Kyler's heart and mine by doing that. It was the most painful thing I've done and my biggest regret. I know my actions put her in the hospital and that she could have died and I have to live with that for the rest of my life."

   Aunt Mary starts to talk but Lauren cuts her off. "Shut it, I'm not finished yet. I will spend every single day trying to make it up to Kyler even though she constantly says it wasn't my fault that she wrecked. I love her and she means the world to me, whether you believe that or not. I don't need your approval to marry Kyler and I'm going to marry her whether you fucking like it or not."

   I was surprised by the anger in Lauren's voice. I never even heard her talk like that to Mike and I know she was pissed at him for cheating. I quietly open the door and step in the living room and hear Lauren again. "I don't care if you're happy about Kyler and I getting married but come next Saturday, you can slap a smile on your face and be happy for her. She doesn't deserve your shitty attitude on our wedding day because of something I did."

   Lauren walks out of the kitchen and when she turns the corner she nearly collides with me. "Kyler..." she whispers but before she can say anything else, I grab her face and kiss her passionately pouring all my love for her into this one kiss. When we finally pull away I look into her eyes "god I love you, my soon to be wife."