T W O

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴛɪᴏɴs)

The rest of Valentine's day had been uneventful, basically consisting of homework and then dinner. So the next morning when she had woken up, she had decided to be extra careful when trolling the halls, not wanting to repeat yesterday's events.

The Great Hall was busy, per usual, an array of red, yellow, green, and blue rummaging back and forth as they entered and exited.

Valentine had decided on scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast, skimming over her notes for potions until finding the particular one she needed. She grinned at the discovery, biting into a sausage link and she reviewed the necessary ingredients.

ᴘᴏʟʏᴊᴜɪᴄᴇ ᴘᴏᴛɪᴏɴ
(ɪɴɢʀᴇᴅɪᴇɴᴛs ᴘᴛ 1)

-ʟᴀᴄᴇᴡɪɴɢ ғʟɪᴇs
-ғʟᴜxᴡᴇᴇᴅ
-ᴋɴᴏᴛɢʀᴀss
-ʟᴇᴇᴄʜᴇs

•ʙʀᴇᴡ ɪɴ ᴄᴏᴘᴘᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴜʟᴅʀᴏɴ 60 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs

Valentine chewed her lip, more than aware that copper cauldrons tended to be more durable, therefore expensive. She couldn't think of anyone she knew that had the specific cauldron. But she continued reading, hoping to take one problem at a time.

ᴘᴏʟʏᴊᴜɪᴄᴇ ᴘᴏᴛɪᴏɴ
(ɪɴɢʀᴇᴅɪᴇɴᴛs ᴘᴛ 2)

- ʜᴏʀɴ ᴏғ ʙɪᴄᴏʀɴ
-ʟᴀᴄᴇᴡɪɴɢ ғʟɪᴇs
-sᴋɪɴ ᴏғ ʙᴏᴏᴍsʟᴀɴɢ
- ʜᴀɪʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪsʜ

• ʙʀᴇᴡ ɪɴ ᴄᴏᴘᴘᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴜʟᴅʀᴏɴ 1080 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs

Valentine replaced her bookmark and shut the book, doing the math and coming up with nineteen total hours for the potion to brew, but that doesn't include retrieving the items.

And she was only worried about how she was going to manage to get her hands on that piece of blasted hair.

She was interrupted from breakfast when someone cleared their throat behind her, prompting her to turn around, and she was surprised to see who it was.

James Potter stood up front, tie crooked and hair standing unevenly, glasses on the edge of his nose, leading Valentine to believe he'd only just woken up.

Besides him was Sirius Black, hair combed long and shiny as he used his infamous grin to charm the pretty girl seated in front of him.

Remus Lupin seemed agitated with the other three boys, knowing it had taken too much convincing to get them to apologize. He had the cuffs of his undershirt rolled up, tired eyes, and was much taller than the others by at least two inches, and his lanky body was awkward besides the bunch.