T H I R T Y - S I X

A/N DAMN THIS MAN IS FINE

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36: ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ғɪɴɢᴇʀs)

"Whoever made these bloody stairs," Macey commented, climbing up the stairs as if it were the hardest task. "Should be sent to Azkaban."

"You're just out of shape," Valentine teased, but Macey sent her a venomous look.

"I'm very in shape, no thanks to you. Constantly popping out cookies like you're an easy bake oven. What'd expect to happen?"

Valentine stifled a roll of her eyes, Macey constantly finding a way to bring up the muggle toy, Easy Bake Oven, which Valentine had introduced to Macey a ways back.

Macey finally grinned triumphantly as we reached the top, and she grabbed a Valentine hand, dragging the blonde behind her as she worked on determining which seat she wanted.

Per usual, Macey had griped to Valentine basically all morning about how she was 'deathly bored', and Macey had forced her to quidditch practice. Valentine didn't necessarily mind, knowing she could watch her boyfriend practice, but it was starting to get colder as the weeks passed, and she didn't want to get sick.

It felt as though Halloween was just yesterday, although in reality it had been almost three weeks ago. Valentine was almost sad how fast the days were passing; she spent so much time with James and her friends, studying or messing around, that hours just flew by.

Valentine was still wounded by the fact Lily hadn't apologized for her behavior; she was in the wrong, after all. She had no right to judge Remus for something he couldn't control. It was closely related to her being judged due to her blood status: while being a muggle born is a sensitive subject, especially with rumors of war beginning, Lily grew highly defensive when anyone said anything or called her the... M word.

Just as Lily cannot control her blood, Remus cannot control his little problem either, and it was hypocritical for Lily to even dare to call Remus a 'monster'. Not to mention it was just bitchy. Especially with the way that she'd go about handling it.

Valentine understood that the girl was shocked at first. Finding out the boy you fancied was a werewolf would probably be... surprising. And Valentine understood it would take time to fully digest that information, but Lily jumped to conclusion and she did so in the worst way.

It was all worse because Remus' first transition since the Lily incident will be happening tonight, and the sandy-haired boy was in a terrible mood. He wouldn't allow anyone to visit him, and when Sirius had gone, apparently Remus had thrown a box of tissues at his head.

Valentine felt sorrow for him. She'd never admit it because that would only piss him off farther, but she did feel bad. Remus was an incredible boy, and he didn't deserve what he got. But he's even stronger because he's endured it, and Valentine thought it was amazing.