E I G H T E E N

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18: ǫᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ)

Weeks passed rather quickly, leaving the students of Hogwarts on an early Sunday morning, and Valentine smelt of fresh orange juice and maple, having come just from breakfast. The library was a wonderful place to be at the given moment, hard rain pelting the roof and draining down the stained-glass windows, lightening reflecting against the carpeted ground. The sound of crisped book pages being turned was prominent in the air, and the oak table was hard beneath Valentine's arms as she laid all her notes out before her.

Macey, although half asleep due to the fact she'd been waken up so early, had her head buried in her arms, facedown against the table. Celia sat besides her, nervously chewing on her nails and glancing around, clearly on edge.

"As long as you're nice, they'll love you ," Valentine reassured the dark-haired girl, who looked all the more skeptical.

"But I'm not nice," Celia commented blandly, emphasizing the not.

"That is true," Macey mumbled through her arms. Celia shot a distressed look at Valentine, getting to her feet.

"Maybe this isn't such a good ide-,"

"Celia!" Lily Evans announced, appearing from no where and embracing Celia into a welcoming hug. "I've wanted to meet you for a while now!"

Celia froze in the redheads arms, her face stuffed into the space above Lily's shoulder. Her eyes were wide and lips parted in shock, and slowly she brought her arms up and enveloped Lily into a hug, though Celia appeared extremely awkward and uncomfortable.

Lily eventually pulled away, wearing a smile that made her emerald eyes glow. Celia mustered a small smile, directing it towards both Lily and Marlene.

"Same here?" Celia replied, though it came out more as a question than a statement. As they sat down, Celia remained by Macey, and Lily sat on her other side, across from Valentine, and Marlene to the left of Valentine.

"Are you guys prepared for the OWLS at all?" Lily asked, organizing her parchments according to classes.

"Partially," Valentine replied with a shrug. The others shook their head.

"We've got a lot of work to do, then. What classes are you studying for?" Lily queried as she pulled her hair back.

"All of them," Marlene snorted exasperatedly.

"Right. And you, Valentine?"

Valentine wafted through her papers, picking out the ones she needed most work on. "History of Magic, for sure. And charms."

"Yeah, I don't fully understand Care of Magical Creatures," Celia hesitantly threw out, and Macey finally sat up, scoring her chair forward.

"Val's really good with that class, she could help," Macey proposed, and when Celia looked to Valentine, she nodded.