F O U R

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ sᴛᴀᴛᴜs ᴀɴᴅ sɴᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴀɪʀ )

"No, you should've seen your face! You were all 'argh!' and the water was literally everywhere," Macey said mid-laugh, recalling the events of last night.

After long hours of organizing, Celia, Valentine, and Macey had decided to brew the potion in the girls lavatory on the second floor, choosing the bathroom no one used due to Moaning Myrtle's inhabitants. Quite dreadful, actually, always floating around whining. But Valentine felt sympathetic for the girl, always left alone.

So they'd planned to meet back up tonight in that very bathroom and begin to truly make the Polyjuice potions. As soon as they'd parted and made way back to the dormitory, Macey and Valentine showered before slumping in exhaustion.

"Well I hadn't expected for Celia to literally throw me in!"

"Yeah, how do you think I felt when I thought you freaking died?"

"Yeah, but it was funny," Valentine justified as if that made it right.

Valentine and Macey were headed to DADA, the latter walking rather slow with the constant wanting to get out of lessons.

Valentine glanced over to her friend, who's face was tired, most likely due to last nights events. Her hair was the color of firewood, skin a toasted brown with wide caramel eyes. She was no doubt beautiful, with high pointed cheekbones and a defined nose, rosy lips always raised into a small smile.

Valentine was about to complement her best friend, which was a common occurrence, when her body clashed with someone else, all the books in her arms clattering to the floor in a massive heap.

"Merlin, I'm so sorry!" Valentine apologized as she fell to the ground, trying to grab everything, the person she'd run into leaning down to help. She glanced up, caught off guard to see James Potter helping her gather her belongings.

"It's alright," he reassured, handing her the papers that had fallen as they both rose to their full height. "I get the feeling you run into trouble often."

Valentine blushed, embarrassed. "Are you referring to yourself?"

"Well, I suppose. Three days in a row now, granted the first was an accident," James said, running his hands through his hair as his buddy's joined his side.

James looked over Valentine's shoulder, reminding her that Macey was still there.

"Oh, right! This is Macey," Valentine introduced, pointing to the girl in question.

James smiled at her, and Macey responded with a peace sign, causing Valentine to grin at her welcoming gesture.

"Well, anyways, we better go, don't wanna be late," Valentine said awkwardly, wanting to avoid any confrontation as every time she looked to the Marauders she thought of her prank, making her want to laugh.