T H I R T Y - F O U R

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34: ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ)

An autumn chill had just set in, which was to be expected as they quickly neared Halloween. Valentine had been able to wear her own clothes, and it was nice to roam the grounds in something other than her normal Hufflepuff robes.

She had her hair down, styled in its natural curls, and she wore a sweater with jeans and boots, packing a scarf in her bag in case temperatures dropped.

Valentine had decided to sleep in that morning, not having gotten up until after her breakfast, leaving her in a hurry to get ready and meet her friends outside by the carriages.

Valentine imagined she'd be far more nervous for her and James' date, but she found herself calm and actually excited. She just hoped they didn't go to Madam Puddifoot's tea shop, that place gave her a headache.

"All I'm saying is that if you get pregnant before we leave Hogwarts," Macey rambled. "I call naming it."

"You're horrible at naming things," Valentine reminded her, using her hand to block the sun from her eyes.

"Lies," Macey dismissed.

"You named your owl mouse."

"I thought it was funny," Macey shrugged.

"Right," Valentine trialed off unsurely. "Hey, have you even spoken to Celia lately?"

"Asked her to meet me at Hogshead today. Hopefully she shows," Macey explained hopefully.

"I'm sure she will," Valentine reassured her, laying a warm hand on her forearm.

Macey cringed, picking up Valentine's hand by her fingers and slowly removing it from her arm.

"You're dating James Potter now, Val. I'm not sure of what you two's extracurricular activities are, therefore unless you've washed your hands, no touching me."

"What- we haven't done anything like that, Mace! We've kissed twice." Valentine argued, holding up two fingers and putting them in Macey's face. "Two! Dos! Twice!"

"Geez, woman, I get it!" Macey exclaimed, smacking Valentine's hand from her face. "But soon enough you'll be doing more than snogging, and I expect all the details."

"That's not happening," Valentine shut her down.

"Which part? The shagging or telling me the details?"

"Telling you the details, you wanker!" Valentine laughed, finally spotting the kids boarding carriages to be taken into Hogsmeade.

"I've got to live vicariously through you!" Macey stated, throwing her hands up. "I dunno the slightest thing about sex with men other than what anatomy is used, and sometimes even that confuses me!"