S I X T E E N

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16: ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs)

Valentine ran into the kitchen, adorned in a pair of fluffy red pajama pants to match the holiday. Of course, her parents were already awake, and Valentine was more than pleased to find a mug of hot chocolate and a plate of fresh sugar cookies for breakfast.

The girl grinned as she grabbed the mug that had Santa's face on the front, and she took a large sip, the hot,  rich liquid burning her throat pleasantly. The drink reminded her of Hogwarts, remembering when the boys told her of how they'd stayed home one Christmas and they'd snuck to the kitchen, daring James to drink twenty-seven mugs of hot chocolate. He'd made it to twenty-five before he started vomiting viciously and he had to spend the night in the hospital wing.

Valentine withheld a giggle as she ate the cookie, adoring her fathers home goods. He was an incredible baker, hence the reason they lived above their family owned bakery, Batter Up. The fresh dough melted in her mouth, perfectly sweet and warm.

"You had something's delivered, Vallie," Valentine's mother started, pushing a couple letters and gifts towards her on the counter. "If you'd like, you can open them now and we can do our personal gifts after."

Valentine nodded excitedly, grabbing the first card she saw, which just so happened to be Macey's. She ripped it open, skimming over the words.

Valentine,

My breaks going very well, I hope yours has too. Mason's been nagging me recently, and forcing me to build a snowman with him nearly everyday. He didn't find it funny when I stuck the carrot somewhere that wasn't his nose, but it's important he knows the male anatomy! I got in trouble for that, too, but it was worth it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the gift I got you and I hope you have a happy Christmas! Can't wait to see you again so we can make fun of our professors. Love you!

Sincerely,
Macey

Valentine mentally face palmed at the first part of the paragraph, but she chuckled nonetheless, moving on to the gift Macey had sent. She carefully removed the aqua wrapping, and she smiled at what she'd received.

Inside the small box was a new copy of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' by Newt Scamander. She opened the first page to see Macey's messy handwriting.

Have fun with this, you bookworm.

-Macey

Next to the book was a pack of sugar quills and underneath that was a cook book, with tons of recipes for cakes and brownies. Valentine grinned happily, hopping Macey would enjoy the muggle candies, cookies, and magazines she'd sent for her gift.