S E V E N

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: ʙʟᴏᴏᴅʏ ᴄᴇʟᴇʀʏ sᴛɪᴄᴋ)

Valentine impatiently tapped her foot against the cobblestone ground, emitting an annoying sound each time the sole of her shoe hit the rocks. She cracked her knuckles and hummed under her breath, but perked up once her eyes caught sight of the familiar black haired girl.

"Hey, Celia! Wait up!" Valentine called out, rushing to catch up with the Slytherin girl, only for her to pick up her pace, making eye contact with the Hufflepuff for a short glance before being lost in the crowd. Her negative reaction caused Valentine to frown, upset that Celia had refused to speak to her or Macey. And with Christmas approaching, Valentine was wanting gift ideas, and she hadn't the clue of what to get for Celia.

Valentine sighed and finally gave up, abandoning her post outside the Great Hall, and instead opted to head towards Charms. She particularly enjoyed Professor Flitwick's class, always picking up early on what he taught, which was rare for her.

Pushing open the heavy door, she entered the room, where many students had already found their seats, although class didn't start for another five minutes. She carefully made her way between the two-person desks before finding her usually table where Macey was already sitting.

"Anything?" Macey asked when Valentine finally sat down, but the shake of her head answered silently.

"Nothing. She completely ran from me, I just don't get it. I thought she liked us," Valentine said sadly, unpacking her things.

"Hey, don't dwell on it. If she doesn't wanna hang out with us, then it's her loss. We're great."

The words brought a small smile to Valentine's lips, which made Macey proud to have lifted her spirits. Though Macey, herself, was upset to have been ghosted by Celia.

"Yeah we are," Valentine agreed. Valentine turned to look to Macey, on for Sirius' head to force its way in the gap between Valentine and Macey's head.

"What're we talking about? Remus won't talk to me and I'm bored," he griped, pouting slightly.

Macey reached out and placed her palm on Sirius' forehead, pushing his face back. The boy made a noise at the impact, but didn't try to invade their personal space.

"Merlin, maybe you shouldn't be in Hufflepuff," Sirius complained, pressing his fingers to his forehead.

"Oh, bugger off," Macey waved her hand at his dramatics.

"Yeah, bugger off, wanker," Valentine repeated with a grin. To be quite honest, she'd always found 'bugger off' funny for some reason.

"What, did everyone decided to mentally and physically abuse Sirius today?" Sirius asked in third person, and he flicked Remus' forehead, causing the young werewolf to blink rapidly and pull his head back.