BONUS CHAPTER

(ʙᴏɴᴜs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: ᴄʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ ᴘʟᴀɴs ᴀɴᴅ ғʟʏɪɴɢ ʀɪᴅᴇs)

April 1st, 1977

"Come on, Valentine, just get dressed!" James urged from the bed, sitting on the edge as he watched her stress.

"James, you haven't told me where we're going, so I haven't a clue what to get dressed in!" Valentine groaned, shuffling through various articles of clothing.

"Just wear your pajamas, I don't care. Or you could wear nothing at all," James offered with a sly smirk, ducking as Valentine tossed a T-shirt over her shoulder in response.

"James Fleamont Potter, I need some guidance!"

"I'm about to guide you out the door if you don't get a move on! You look gorgeous in anything, it doesn't matter."

Valentine huffed, pulling her old, oversized quidditch jumper tighter around herself. While it properly belonged to James, she'd trifled through his things that morning in search of something comfortable, so she'd snagged it. At this point she wore more of his clothes than her own, although James clearly loved it.

"Fine, then! I'll go like this," Valentine gave in, throwing her hands up in annoyance. Her hair was curled and crazy, long, pink fuzzy polka-dotted pajama pants on to compliment her jersey.

James grinned, approaching her. "That'll make this all the more enjoyable," he sighed, cupping her face and kissing her forehead, allowing her to melt  against him.

"Can we just go back to bed?" She mumbled into his chest. He ran his hands through her hair before pulling back.

"No, this is important. Now stop being a grump and come on," he justified, pulling her behind him as they approached the front door. Valentine furrowed her brows in confusion as James grabbed his old broom from besides the door.

"Did you wake me up at the crack of dawn to play Quidditch?" Valentine questioned. James hushed her as he ushered her outside, gently closing the door behind him.

He mounted his broom, moving back to make room for her. She raised her eyebrows before raising a leg over the shaft of the broom, James' arms sliding around her waist to keep her secure.

His chin rested on her shoulder, nose brushing her jaw as he whispered, "hold tight."

And then they were in the air, wind drinking them in as they zoomed through the sky alongside birds and clouds. The hillside evaporated into buildings and factories, trolleys and busses zooming by below them.

They'd been riding through the city for quite some time before James lowered them on the top of a building. Whitewashed bricks lathered the floor, a dew filled greenhouse located on the corner of the roof alongside pots of all different flowers and plants. Small, twinkling fairly lights had been hung, emitting a soft glow in contrast to the rising sun and melting stars. Rocks had been placed to create a trail towards the greenhouse, and Valentine glanced behind at James who wore a nervous grin.